Epinions flashlight goldmine

Saaby

Flashaholic
I've been on Epinions for years and didn't even think of posting flashlight reviews. I've now posted 2 or 3 and have 3 more to go before I quit for the day.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Click on <Member Center> at the bottom of the page. You might have to wade thru a bunch of links before you finally get signed up.

I'm not bothering with it, since you've got to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get the income over the US/Canada border :-(

I mentioned the word goldmine since it's a goldmine of flashlight info, not necessarily a goldmine of review revenue :)

Saaby

Flashaholic
I registered when Epinions first opened. I believe I've made about $75 total. A lot of that came from when I first signed up and the place was "small." Now my earnings have slowed way way way down, I think I made 45 cents last year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Looking at the evolution of epinions, it seems to be shifting dramatically away from user reviews toward being a showcase for distributors and manufacturers, but if you dig for them, there are still lots of good tips. I don't think you could make a living writing reviews for them.

It covers a wide range of products, but is somewhat superficial. If you need to make a quick decision on something you haven't had the time to research properly, it's a very good site. I like being able to read feedback from actual users as opposed to mere marketing fluff.

CPF is more specialized and 'deep', with lots of experts, modders, users, designers and manufacturers. It's quite interesting to watch the interplay between designers and users -- it's the way it should be if you're a flashaholic. People contribute because of their interest, not to earn money on review-writing.

It does take, although, a while to let all the info sink in and make decisions about what you want to buy or do.

Saaby

Flashaholic
One of the nice things about Epinions, however, is that it's NOT deep. I've written reviews on everything from car stereos to flashlights to internet shopping sites...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've written Epinions reviews on things like irons, digital cameras, Safeco Field, an Anthrax tape, a Digimon tape, MTV, and the Photon II flashlight. But there's no place to put things like Surefire flashlights, Euro-Pro Bagless Stick Shark vacumes, plastic coffee cups, and various other products I use around the house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(Edit) You can find all my Epinions reviews on this page.

Latest posts