P7 or multiple Cree

Iain

Newly Enlightened
I just love these new high powered LED's. But I have a quandry - should you go for the single P7 - with around 600 lumen, or go for something like the Wolf Eyes storm - with 3x Cree Q5 - and slightly more output. Does anyone have both yet and if so how would you compare the two solutions for a super bright flashlight in a long lasting and compact format?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt you will find many led lights as bright and compact as the storm. A P7 light will throw much farther.... but ONLY if you have it in a light with a Maglight (c/d not aa) size reflector.

So, if you want a compact and ultrabright light.... I think the Storm is your best option.

Or a custom 1 c or d cut down maglight with a P7 and lithium c or d cell. Check out the custom and modified b/s/t section or Elektrolumens section in the marketplace.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt you will find many led lights as bright and compact as the storm. A P7 light will throw much farther.... but ONLY if you have it in a light with a Maglight (c/d not aa) size reflector.

So, if you want a compact and ultrabright light.... I think the Storm is your best option.

Or a custom 1 c or d cut down maglight with a P7 and lithium c or d cell. Check out the custom and modified b/s/t section or Elektrolumens section in the marketplace.

Wolf Eyes P7 Sniper is more compact then the Storm. The output isn't the maximum potential of the P7 but compares very nicely to the 3 crees in the storm.

That said it's a toss up as to which one is better. The Storm will give better runtime and throws further. The P7 is more compact and more floody. Both are neat lights.

Latest posts