Inova X1, 3rd gen...

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
How many of 'em are sitting around unused?

I know most people love the gen 2's(me included:wave:), and really wish the gen 3's were brighter AND/OR ran longer.

I'm asking because I have a mod in mind:whistle:.

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
What, everybody loves the gen 3's now:huh:?

I'm not asking for you to send/give/sell them to me:whistle:. But if there is a bunch of unused ones collecting dust, I'm curious.

Retinator

Enlightened
Nope I use mine, just not as much as the Gen2 it replaced (fell to it's death off of counter in kitchen).

That thing is ALWAYS hungry :)

matt0

Enlightened
I have a Gen3 X1 sitting around unused. I've been wanting to mod it into something useful but I'm new at modding and I'm not sure what I'd want to turn it into...

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate my Gen 3. It's dim, the beam sucks, the tint sucks, the switch sucks, the runtime sucks. I should have taken it back after I did the runtime tests.

Retinator

Enlightened
I hate my Gen 3. It's dim, the beam sucks, the tint sucks, the switch sucks, the runtime sucks. I should have taken it back after I did the runtime tests.

Wow, you too? Pretty much sums mine up as well.

Nice morning yellow pee tint.

As far as average joe/jill goes, it's probably not that bad, but us folks demand and deserve better.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Just because its dim, that doesn't mean its completely useless... IMHO. 10 floody Lumens is plenty for preserving night-dialted vision.
I would prefer a slightly yellow tint, IMHO its softer and easier on the eyes. Its dismal run time is its biggest flaw, and what really turned me off to that light.

Might make a good mod host for a Nichia GS.

jchoo

Enlightened
I gave my 3rd gen X1 to my nephew to use when camping, he loves it. Personally, I'll keep my 2nd gen X1 as my general "house light" along with a bag of partially/mostly drained AA batteries. The 2nd gen X1 is the best vampire I've got.