Victorinox SwissFlash Lite: LED Flashlight Any Good?

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
I like to carry as little gear as possible; I'm a minimalist. Recently I noticed these new mini Swiss Army knives by Victorinox that include a bunch of the tools that I carry around separately:
http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Swiss_Army_SwissFlash_USB_p/safflash.htm

The old knives of this style had red LEDs, where these new ones have white LEDs that they advertise as having "Output up to 18,000 mcd". Not having seen one, I imagine they are 3mm LEDs.

Has anyone seen / purchased one of these new white LED knives? Is the light output any good? I don't expect ArcAAA or Fenix E01 levels of outpus, but could you find your way around during a blackout? Could you see across a dark room with them?

Also, if someone has one and has the capability to post a picture, I can't find any pictures online of what they look like from the top (to see how wide it is). I would b very grateful if someone posted a picture of one, ideally next to a ruler. With the flash drive in there I imagine they could end up wider than they are tall.

Thanks in advance for any input; you guys are always so helpful!

-GZ

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I post this the very store that I link to puts an ad at the top showing a big picture of this knife on it's side... Thanks SwissKnifeShop.com!

I'm still interested in how the flashlight works, and general thoughts about the tool in general, if anyone has any experience with it.

Thanks!

rotototo

Newly Enlightened
Direct driven from a lithium button cell, squeeze for light. Replaceable battery. Probably a step below a fauxton in overall usefulness.

superflytnt

Enlightened
Direct driven from a lithium button cell, squeeze for light. Replaceable battery. Probably a step below a fauxton in overall usefulness.

Yup to all of that. I had both the older red one and an older white one and, from what I remember, they are both momentary only, both 3mm and the white runs on two tiny lithiums (like 1216's or something) and had a wide beam angle of around 50', not much good past a few feet. If you're getting one mainly for the light I'd just get a Photon............

Retinator

Enlightened
The Swissflash with the white led(3mm) is VERY recent. Only been out a couple of week I think.

I have a Midnite Minichamp with the red 3mm LED. Not too bad.
I also have the Wenger Pocket Tool chest with white 3mm LED. It's dim, but enough to manouvre around.

Since Vic is probably using fairly recent LEDs in their new gear, it's likely that it'll be pretty usable.

I think the price of getting a photon/mem key/Classic would be much cheaper.

If you get one we want beamshots :poke::grin2:

Other new Vics with the 3mm white led are the Signature Lite (Silvertech version).

I think the Huntsman Lite/Spartan Lite/CT Lite....etc are using 5mm leds, but I haven't (yet) grabbed one.