SureFire A2 Pocketclip

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I should have look closer while I had it, but what can I say. Will the M2/E2O long pocketclip proper fit on the A2? Is there enought "flat" on the body for the clip-end to rest on it?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nascar,
The tip of the clip will extend past the flat but the clip will contact the body on the milled flat. I think you will be hapy with the fit.

- Don

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine rested right on the edge of where the flat stopped and the round starts. didn't like it.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
mine rested right on the edge of where the flat stopped and the round starts. didn't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I re-look at this closely again, I can see that mine rests this same way. On this particular A2, the longer pocketclip seems very loose at the attachment point to the light (up by the bezel). The clip easily moves from side-to-side by a good 1/8-1/4 inch either way.

Is there any way to tighten the attachement point at the location where the clip slides down into the light recepticle/attachment groove?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you could buy some shim stock from an industrial or machine supply and wrap the clip's end before inserting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Mine was solid even without the shim, I went back to the short one, as the long clip "overhung" the flat bit.

A2&E2e.jpg

Geoff

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
nascar: sounds like its a problem with the new batch of pocketclips. i got two of the E2o/M2 clips to replace the older one without a lanyard attachment point on my C2, but both fitted very loosely and the bend was too far back, causing the bezel to scrape against it when screwed down. the tension of the clip also left a lot to be desired, so i continued using the old clip.