HELP CAN'T GET THE LAMP BEZEL OFF MY SUREFIRE??

kotaguchi

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a Surefire G2Z and I can't get the light assembly front bezel off.Its stuck.It won't budge at all.I tried to use pliers but stopped once I saw small marks it made.I guess the lubricant on the bezel and body threading must be dried up.Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ko

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Send it back to Surefire. Don't force it anymore because if you damage it, it could void your warranty claim.

bezel

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a Surefire G2Z and I can't get the light assembly front bezel off.Its stuck.It won't budge at all.I tried to use pliers but stopped once I saw small marks it made.I guess the lubricant on the bezel and body threading must be dried up.Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ko

Give it to the guy everyone hands the pickle jar to when they can't get it open. Tell him you bet he can't turn it without tools.

gallagho

Enlightened
I had extreme difficulty the first time I tried to open my M6. In the end I found two new bicycle inner tubes in a cupboard. The inner tube rubber is especially grippy?! I wrapped them around head and body and really had to go for it :sweat: but in the end it cracked open. Good luck!

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Go to your hardware or camping store etc and get a section of non slip fabric. Same thing that weaker people use to open jam jars etc. If you're not really strong get a strong person to give it a good heave in opposite directions. Don't just twist one side, try and exert as much opposing force on each side. If there isn't any grunting or hand slippage, you're not working hard enough ;)

As has been mentioned, if you get desperate walk around and make it a challenge for any bystander you come across :) Good Luck!

Sorry I didn't have a more technical answer!

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I though mine was never going to come off. I put mine away for the night and had my brother try when he came home from work. Maybe try and have someone else twist it for a while.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
pliars?? (!!)

Use the proper sized wrench to grasp the bezel by the anti-roll flats. Grasp the body of the light in a bench vise, using a towel to protect it. Give it a twist. I have had great results using a pipe strap wrench, $8 at Home Depot.

kotaguchi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for your many various advice.My HE-MAN friend I handed the flashlight to was able to loosen it.:thumbsup:

Now waiting to get my P60L drop ins to arrive.Damn Labor Day:scowl:

Got to wait another extra day till I get my add on toy.

regards,

Ko

kotaguchi

Newly Enlightened
Hey,while we are on the subject of the top bezel removal,what are those notches on the light bezel?The six notches around the circumference of the light assembly bezel?Are those designed light illumination purposes or notches that are used by Surefire to remove the top bezel when they get stuck bezels with a tool maybe that fit into the notches?

Thanks,

Ko

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think those notches are from a ring that holds in the window. My 6P has them.