Solarforce L2s on eBay

Confederate

Enlightened
Some are advertised as having five modes; others are not. Aren't all L2s five modes or are some only one? Seems that twenty five bucks is a great price for the L2, and I like the color filters that are available for them.

Has anyone ordered any? If so, what do you think?

Yapo

Enlightened
well they use P60 drop-in modules so they can have anything in them...I got 1 with an incandescent drop-in for about $15 and went for a dereelight dropin for it instead.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, these L2s are just about the best 6P clones out there for around US$25 shipped. I've put a Z59 tailcap on mine because the stock L2 tailcap doesn't feel as good as a Z59. I've even used the G&P one cell extender and converted it to a 9P clone and run it with a LF EO-9 and AW17500s and the output is just el dente!

jimz

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce L2's come in both single mode and 5 mode varities. I can't tell by any difference in model numbers, just in the description. Just recently they seem to be available with the standard bezel besides the strike bezel, thank god. I have 1 of both modes.

No complaints other than the multi-mode operates best with a reverse clicky which are hard to get. The forward clicky can cause the light to jump to the next mode as it makes contact twice when pressed till it ckicks. Got mine from Lighthound.
Hope this helps.

Yapo

Enlightened
wow they have non crenelated bezels now?!? thats the 1 thing i dont like about my L2... the deep and sharp crenelated bezel

Confederate

Enlightened
Mode clickies can cause problems down the line, but the modes are nice. For tactical purposes, using the "twist or blast" is best. I like giving them to gal friends to carry with them at night. You get to this "high" power level and it can easily stun someone long enough to get away.

DX has the models with stainless bezels, which are nice, but they're pricey. I've gotten lots of stuff from DX that just arrived DOA. Bummer.

Thanks!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to be a good flashlight that ruined by the mode selection, with three high mode plus sos and strobe.

torpeau

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ordered any? If so, what do you think?

Got an L2 in black with the crenelated head and also ordered a stainless crenelated head for my SF 9P that has a Malkoff M60. Well, the stainless head doesn't fit tightly enough on my 9P, so I switched heads with the L2 and now both have properly fitting crenelated heads.

Also have an L2 coming in sand that I'm going to put the Uniq Continuously Variable Tailcap on.

If I'd never discovered this forum, I'd be richer, but bored.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
It seems to be a good flashlight that ruined by the mode selection, with three high mode plus sos and strobe.
I would rather have the five mode (even with the two almost useless SOS/Strobe modes) then have just the one Max mode, especially if I were to carry just one light.

I have been thinking about getting a Solarforce L2 for a P60 host. Either the grey or black and still deciding whether to get crenel or standard bezel.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine and I have to say I'm very impressed.

Nice build quality, bright and the modes don't change when you knock the light, unlike some DX models I've had!

Much much better than I expected, a nice surprise for a change.

Oh and +1 on jimz link above, good price and FREE postage!