PT Apex reflector options?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about a different optic/reflector for the PT Apex.

The current one does offer a pretty good balance of throw and flood but I wonder if I can get something that offers more throw and less flood.

vtunderground

Enlightened
I have a modified 20mm reflector in my Apex... it gives a tighter hotspot and a MUCH smoother flood than the stock optic. It may not provide more throw than the stock optic, but I've never compared them side-to-side, so I can't way for sure.

I love the reflector though, I'll never go back to the stock optic (just my $0.02).

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
If it doesn't offer more throw - what's the point?

I thought the original has a very smooth flood?
Hi etc,
Have a look there :
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171344
and Post #26 with beamshots
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2201680&postcount=26

apexmod2sgq8.jpg

With a reflector in the Apex, you have more spill and a good throw (the spot is a little smaller than with the stock optic)
My final choice is a 20mm reflector.
Regards,

hyperslug

Newly Enlightened
I tried a McR-20 reflector in mine. Since I'm mostly outdoors with it, the increased spill on the beam is useless (the way I use it, anyway. Fishing, biking, camping). I disliked the tiny hotspot that the reflector gave me.

I'm now back to the stock optic, which I find very useful as it projects a large hotspot at a good distance.

maverick

Enlightened
I ordered an IMS 20mm smooth reflector and an SSC P4 to mod my Apex with. Does anyone know how this combo works out and how it compares with the Khatod smooth reflector which seems to be the most widely used reflector for modding this light.