Modding my EX-10: HELP!

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm a definite newbie and amatuer when it comes to modding anything.

I plan on making some mods to one of my EX-10s.

The first is I'm thinking about getting one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12501

Can this LED be pulled out and put into an EX-10? If so, any recommendations for WHO can do this FOR me (for $, of course)?

Also, I'm seriously considering removing the HA coating and polishing it up to a nice shiny silverish color. What are the best suggestions for removing the HA? How "easy" is it to do?

Thanks all for your help!

Admins- if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move- I just didnt know where to stick it.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For one, that link to the drop-in would be a downgrade. The EX10 uses a Q5.

Even if upgrading to a R2, the difference would be minimal, at best.

PM sent.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
For one, that link to the drop-in would be a downgrade. The EX10 uses a Q5.

Even if upgrading to a R2, the difference would be minimal, at best.

PM sent.

Not all upgrades are for brighter. He wants to put a nice 5A tint into there. Hopefully you can get in there easily enough to swap out the emitter. If you decide to go for it let us know (after the long wait for DX shipping) how it went.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all upgrades are for brighter. He wants to put a nice 5A tint into there. Hopefully you can get in there easily enough to swap out the emitter. If you decide to go for it let us know (after the long wait for DX shipping) how it went.

Oooops! Missed the bin while reading.:eek: Thanks for setting me straight.:thumbsup: