Nuwai lights

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
I just found the Nuwai lights website and I liked some of the styles they have. Does anyone own any of their lights and are they any good? Any reviews floating around here?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 1-watt and 3-watt lights are rebranded Nuwais.

I have a 1-watt Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme that I really like. Well built, feels solid, momentary tail cap switch, long runtime.

Until I got my Romisen RC-N3, it was my brightest light.

ozner1991

Enlightened
i dont know of any new reviews but in flashlightreviews.com are a few that have been reviewd (it now only has older lights because quickbeam stopped reviewing)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nuwai was a highly regarded brand in these halls before the advent of Fenix and the recent plethora of other Chinese brands.

The Qiii was an all time favorite.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I believe Nuwai was responsible for some of the River Rock lights that Target sold and still sells. Many of us have the 2AAA model and the 2AAA headlamp.

Geoff

mdocod

Flashaholic
Seems like a lot of the Nuwai branded lights still floating around the net are older ones, using the old LuxV and LuxIII LEDs, not very efficient.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Some care to share how to open those lights. I have tried but it almost seems like they are welded. I have searched the forums but have not found the old mod threads.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The river rock and ROV sportsman lights I own are pretty solid and well made, although they are not the brightest lights around by a long shot. My wife EDCs the energizer 1AA. It gets about 2.5 hours off a single charge, at about 35 Lumens.