• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD!-Custom SSC P7 MRV-SOLD!

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm selling my custom MRV with SSC P7 and bare brass/copper alloy led module. It's as described in the link below with the following exceptions:
  • It's not engraved anymore, the side panels are smooth brass.

• The driver solution is now a sandwich made from one 16 mode AMC7135 1050 mA driver and one simple AMC7135 1400 mA driver, it's very efficient with one 18650 LiION (~95% is my estimation). I'm using it with the group that has LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH only. There are two other groups that have more modes, one with low-med-high-strobe-sos, and another with low-med-high-strobe-interrupted strobe-slow strobe-5 sec beacon-sos. If you dislike strobe just use it in the low-med-high interface. Two second light memory, switching between groups are on the low level, when it blinks after ~5 sec on low turn off, next time on it's in the next group.
MRVssc5.jpg

It's a wall of light type of beam, with really good throw:party:

Description & beamshots:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202014

Beamshots at 1 meter, white wall:
modmrvsscp7_10.jpg

The light has an CSXOI P7 led from the first batch when binning was 700-900 lumen for C-bin. It's a high bin led with slightly over 800 lumen at 2.8A as far as I can tell from lightbox and lux meter. Since the drive level is 2.4-2.5A to the led it should produce ~600 torch lumen, again that seems to hold according to measurements.

The clicky switch has been replaced with a sturdier one that can take the current, it's a reverse clicky (since I cannot source a positive switch that can take more than a few hundred mA over 1A without burning).

The lens has multiple AR coating on both sides, it's ultra clear.
It's only intended to be used with one 18650 LiION cell, runtime on high is ~45 minutes to 50% with very good regulation, it runs for several days on the low level. Two RCR123 will result in a puff of smoke when the driver burns, two CR123 primary cells will probably damage the driver over time and they are not really capable of driving an SSC P7.

It comes with the standard accessories, o-rings, momentary-twist on-off switch, original lens and a spare clicky switch just in case.

There is a small scratch on the tailcap edge.
modmrvsscp7_9.jpg

Asking price is $130 USD or €90, plus actual shipping costs. I prefer to sell it in Sweden or even to a Nordic country due to excessive shipping costs.
But worldwide is no problem as long as the buyer accept the shipping costs.

Shipping Europe: $10(€6.75) + $10(€6.75) for insurance &tracking.
Shipping World: $12(€8.30) + $10(€6.75) for insurance &tracking.
I can only accept cash PayPal due to my bank not recognising PayPal as a bank
entity.

This a modded/custom light, no manufacturer warranty applies. It's not new since it's been heavily modded and if you are sensitive and picky about white wall artifacts or not 100% perfect finish, this is not for you. It's in very good condition and has never been carried, except for beamshots.
I will not be responsible for shipping mishaps, unless insured and tracked, in that case I can take action with my post office.

Stefan

Last edited:

steed77

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom SSC P7 MRV

Nice light, If you want to ship to VA, USA...let me know. I would take it.