What light would you carry in evacuation from hurricane?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
What light would you carry in evacuation from hurricane?

What other survival gear would you carry along with you bug out gear?

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
NiteCore ex10 and Fenix TK11...

Gear:CR123 battery holder w/ 4 extra batts.:twothumbs

Oh... and probably an extra pair of boxers...

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL my lights (i dont have that many) :) spare cells, a multi tool, water, a lighter, paracord, space blankets, steel mirror, first aid kit

EDIT:

Upon reflection, it would probably be my Fenix E01 with 4 x spare AAA lithium primaries, and (at the current moment, as i havent upgraded cos im still pondering which 1 or 2xAA light to get) my 1st gen Jetbeam Mk II and Ultrafire C3 along with my 10 NiMh AA cells which are usually always charged.

In a disaster situation, you may not need such high powered lights for personal survival, enough to get you around (E01) and something a bit brighter would probably suffice, but not having personally beein in such situations yet, I would have to rely on the input of other CPF-ers who have been through hurricanes and other such situations.

Last edited:

wmirag

Enlightened
If one light, then a good multi-level LED like an HDS or SureFire
or any of the many good lights out nowadays.

Besides the long run time, a low setting allows you
to use the light without drawing attention to yourself.

W.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can only have one light then it is best if its a multimode. Reliability is essential and you can never have too many lights.

Make sure you can get clean drinking water oh and pack MORE than one spare pair of boxers!

BTW I am no survival expert.

Mdinana

Enlightened
I would wonder if a Proton would be a good choice, give the simplicity, 1 battery design, and adjustable output.

Personally, I'd take my Fenix P2D, a small box of batteries (like the surefire 12-pack). Probably my Proton too with a fresh set of Lithium AAs.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I don't live in an area that is in any danger from hurricanes, but if I did it would be my Coleman 530 lumen CREE XR-E. Mostly for its extreme output power and for the reasons I stated in this post.:)

cl0123

Enlightened
:confused:
For the longest time, I actually have a small bag packed with a Mag 3D and two Mag Mini's with 2x the batteries for both. Now that I have spent some time tanning under CPF-ist light, I am going to, shall we say, upgrade it with something "brighter, shines longer and most importantly, smaller and lighter."

Recently, I thought a U2 would be perfect. Of course, a few more hours on CPF made me deciding to hold out and patiently wait for the Optimus/Invictus offerings.

TONY M brought up something very good. In fact, I remember seeing one of those regular flashaholics dealers carries the steripen. That thing is pretty amazing.

With Aloha,

Clarence

wwglen

Enlightened
Minimags with SMJLED / GS / DG leds

3-D Mag LED

2-c Plastic light with SMJLRD PR2 Dropin

Nitecore Defender Infinity

Rexlight

Surefire G2 with LED

silviana LED Lantern

Free Play Windup

Surefire M600-A Scout on a Bushmaster AR.

Streamlight 3-C Twintask.

wwglen

ps: Energizer 4-AA Folding LED Lantern.

pps:

2 headlights

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would take my McGizmo's. I have 2 SF's in my truck; a G2 & G2L.

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
I'd grab my M2 with my Malkoff M60 as my powerhouse/light up everything light, with my Tiablo A9 for throw. If I had to choose one of the two, it'd be the M2 although I'd like to convert it to a clickie tailcap so it could tailstand when need be. I'd also grab my Surefire Spares Carrier loaded with fresh 123's.

And if any of the members here are in the path of it, hang in there and know we're thinking of you. We'll talk to you when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

merlocka

Enlightened
If I had to take one of my lights, it would be my 85P (plus a box of SF CR123's).

If I had to buy a light to absolutely depend on in this type of situation, it would be an L1.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would carry some changes of clothing, grooming supplies, snack bars, water, cash, some important papers, a 22 rifle with ammo. In my case I would be heading to relatives away from the danger area. A quick leave from one's home does not allow a lot of stuff to carry along. Oh yes, forgot, my family. Keep it simple. Whoops, forgot my flashlights + batteries, chargers, as many as I could gather.

Bill

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd take all my lights, because who knows what will happen to my house after the hurricane hits. I'd carry on my person a Ti A19 with flupic.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definetly the one that I had the most batteries for or I could be assured I could get batteries for. As other have mentioned a multimode light with low output would be a good choice. It should also be capable of taking a couple of spills.

So in my collection, it would have to be the NovaTac, my keychain L0D and Red Photon, my TK11 and an AA based light. For the TK11 I'd need a charger, but would not have to depend on a battery supply in the store.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could have only one, I would take a Fenix P2D. I would put a spare lithium AA battery in a capped, water proof Fenix L1D body tube in my other pocket. I would not count the L1D body tube as a flashlight, because it would not have the flashlight head, unless I attached it to the P2D body.