Eagletac flashlights..enlighten me , anyone know anything

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
surely you guys have seen the banner AD , of course i looked and the lights look like a cross between Fenix and O-light ...looks good except the clips are distracting but they have a 220 lumen 2AA light of course i know it may not be 220 but that is the highest 2aa advertised light ive seen ,wondering how it compares to T25 and L2D ...they have what looks to be a very nice line-up covering 1aa/2aa 1cr123/2cr123 2 levels high low

anyone have one, any model

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tactical units look like a copy of the Fenix T1 body, original clip and all. So is it someone marketing Fenix parts under another name trying to take a slice off of the same pie? I don't believe the lumens claim of 295 out for the higher model. Even if it was a R2 instead of a Q5 Cree I wouldn't put it past 235 lumens actual output.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Their P10A does look interesting, kinda like a 1xAA version of the E1B with the dual direction clip.

But yeah, definitely copies in looks and function of the Fenix tactical models.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
wonder if light-reviews gonna do a runtime/output on this

imagine if the copies had better output efficiency :) it is pricey though for a copy

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
it says on there site that there a USA based company..its weird there site must have just come up since i cant find any info on google.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drool: 4sevens and batteryjunction is listed on their site as USA dealers.....hmmm might have stumbled onto something

Flashlight Enthusiast
i already sent Matt a PM out of curiosity

Monocrom

Flashaholic
But yeah, definitely copies in looks and function of the Fenix tactical models.

Must admit, when I first saw the banner Ad., I thought I was looking at a black Fenix T1. I thought it was an Ad. for an engraving service.

The clip looks better than on a T1. I'm looking forward to the reviews. :popcorn:

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
http://www.eagletac.com/unique.html said:
Unique. Independent. Pioneering. Extreme. We are not a typical flashlight company

:ironic::rolleyes::ironic:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only heard of Eagletac yesterday.
Yes the Tactical light looks just like the Fenix T1, they even call it the T10! They look very Fenix lights but they are pricey enough though.
The output seems to be exaggerated as they are running of Q5s.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A US company could certainly be contracting with Chinese suppliers to build all the parts and ship it to the US to be sold by that US Company. Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. They could be ordering pieces of what is already being made for Fenix and Olight and slapping them together to make "their brand". But the functionality is no different than the Fenix T1 TK11, and TK20 series (beating them to the punch on actual delivery of the TK20) but not a new design really.

Just more of what Fenix is already offering.

DArklite

Enlightened
Isn't the Olight M20 Warrior rated for 3-4 hours at 250 lumens from its R2 LED?

Specs from MattK's M20 promo thread:
3 Levels of output + tactical strobe:
Olight M20 Warrior Premium 7lm (150hrs)-90 lm (12hrs)-250 lm (~3hrs); Strobe
Olight M20 Warrior 6 lm (150hrs)-80 lm (12hrs)-230 lm (~3hrs), Strobe
(runtimes using 1x18650, 2500mah)

Do you seriously believe those runtimes from one 18650 on the M20 or Eagletac?
As for myself, I'm getting appalled by recent marketing hype.

shomie911

Enlightened
Specs from MattK's M20 promo thread:
3 Levels of output + tactical strobe:
Olight M20 Warrior Premium 7lm (150hrs)-90 lm (12hrs)-250 lm (~3hrs); Strobe
Olight M20 Warrior 6 lm (150hrs)-80 lm (12hrs)-230 lm (~3hrs), Strobe
(runtimes using 1x18650, 2500mah)

Do you seriously believe those runtimes from one 18650 on the M20 or Eagletac?
As for myself, I'm getting appalled by recent marketing hype.

I was sincerely hoping they were right. :D

Hopefully 90 lumens for 12 hours will be accurate, because that's the mode I will be primarily using it for.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 2 hours could be accurate for the T10L but 255 lumens is probably a slight stretch for a Q5, but the Fenix T1 is a claimed 225 (emitter) lumens for 2 hours. I don't think its a huge exaggeration for the eagletac on 18650s.

If you want a good laugh listen to Coast's marketing hype. :D

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few points:

We've not actually placed an order so i'm surprised we're on their website. A final decision on whether to carry them or not had not yet been reached as of this past Friday.

295L at the emitter on a Q5 (they identify their emitter as a Q5 elsewhere on the site) requires 1.5A according to this post: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2170040&postcount=141 so it is theoretically possible but one would need a very large heatsink or active cooling not to have output drop very fast due to heatsoak.

I cannot address runtime on either light simply because we haven't done any testing but Ohm's law suggests they're unlikely at 100%>50%.

MrGman - TK20's started shipping on Thursday or Friday so Fenix actually beat them to market FWIW. :)

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
Maybe these lights will be awesome, maybe they won't. That said, I already have a sour taste in my mouth from this company for some of the following reasons:

- Obvious (in my opinion, and seemingly that of some other posters) copying of Fenix and Olight. Sure, a flashlight is a flashlight and there are only so many ways you can shape one: but then why do so many companies find unique form-factors for their products while these look like pieces of Fenix lights and Olights cobbled together? Would it really kill Eagletac to take a little more design initiative?

- Blatant marketing hype. They are fresh on the scene and already making outrageous claims about how many professionals use their lights and how great their products are. They are so fresh that the Google cache of their site, the snapshot taken on August 25, 11:55 GMT, just says "testing." Yet on their About Us page they claim that their lights are "commonly used by professional, law enforcement, search and rescue teams and military fields" and even list what is currently their most popular model. I find it hard to fathom that they already have such a track record and a most popular model when they seem to have just sprung up overnight and are offering $10 to people to write reviews of their products. Surely such well-established, popular lights must have already received review somewhere, no?
But rest assured, they make "The best built flashlight in the world."

I understand that companies need to advertise, and sometimes that entails a degree of hype, but the above is just gross.

- Attempted association to presumably bolster confidence in the product line. This is partially related to the above and partially separate, but the more hype I hear from a company about the military using their products, the more I tend to conclude that it's all just made up. Such associations tend to speak for themselves: you don't need to research that hard to find out what tools our men and women in service are using, whether military, police, or SAR. So when a company screams from the rooftops that their product is the choice of such units, I tend to laugh it off as a spurious claim.

Another association that is off-putting is illustrated by Matt's post: they are already claiming "Authorized Dealers" who apparently have not even finalized a decision on handling their products. This again smells to me of trying to bolster their product line by associating it with an established entity (this time a vendor instead of the military).

.... Again, maybe these will turn out to be awesome lights. Maybe they will indeed establish a track-record if given enough time. For now though, they reek to me of a fly-by-night company with shady practices. That is just my first impression though: I could turn out to be completely wrong. But when you are offering money to people to review your products, proclaiming business arrangements that do not yet exist, and claiming to be used by elite groups worldwide, despite the fact that your knockoff lights don't actually seem to be in anyone's hands yet... well it's just a bit suspect :shakehead