Muyshondt's 1.5 oz. Aeon -

Zonk

Newly Enlightened
I am considering buying a Muyshondt "Aeon" for EDC (keychain carry). I did not find any posts about it on this site since it was first introduced a few months ago. Does anyone recommend this flashlight or have any comments about its size, weight or about the R2 Flux Bin Cree XR-E LED that it contains (114 lumens high and about 12 on low)? (run time - 1.5 hours on high & 40 hours on low) How does it rate in regard to other CR2 flashlights in this size & weight category (2.1" x 0.7" and 1.5 oz.)? Thank you.

superflytnt

Enlightened
I know one thing..............if I could afford one I would own one. They are phenomenal little lights. If you've got the bank I'd scoop one up in a hurry, you won't be dissapointed! It is, by far, the best CR2 based light out there IMO

Not exactly a review but here are some comments from owners: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/198005

Last edited:

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
If I were looking for a CR2 keychain light, the Aeon would be the one I'd go for. Endeavour's lights have a wonderful balance of output and runtime, a beamshape optimised for EDC tasks and excellent build quality. Compared to other lights in the category, the Aeon might not be the brightest but it's made for practical use, not as a 'wow' light to be used in short bursts.

I was really pleased with my Nautilus while I owned it - I ended up selling it because it was too small for me to hold comfortably. The Aeon combines all the features of the Nautilus into a smaller package for keychain use.

If you do decide to buy, it's also available over at Lighthound and 4sevens.com.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have the previous one, the CR2 Ion, and the machining and quality is top notch. Like UTWM says, Endeavour has a talent for matching the perfect amount of runtime with output and makes very usable beams. I am very likely going to "upgrade" to an Aeon at some point.

IMHO you do not buy a Muyshondt to win any contests. (The specs on the other hand, are certainly not paltry either.) But if you want a nice usable light for your pocket or keyring, you'll find a real winner.

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I have the Aeon and the Raw NS (160 lumen). Both lights put out an unbelievable amount of light on high. Both are very well made and both make excellent keychain lights. The NS is slightly smaller and is somewhat brighter on both high and low levels. The NS is unregulated. The Aeon run time is much longer on both levels. The Aeon is regulated.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Muyshondt series of flashlights are of very high quality. You will not be disapointed.

Bill

Zonk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the information and comments. The Aeon it is.

wmirag

Enlightened
I have the previous one, the CR2 Ion, and the machining and quality is top notch. Like UTWM says, Endeavour has a talent for matching the perfect amount of runtime with output and makes very usable beams. I am very likely going to "upgrade" to an Aeon at some point.

IMHO you do not buy a Muyshondt to win any contests. (The specs on the other hand, are certainly not paltry either.) But if you want a nice usable light for your pocket or keyring, you'll find a real winner.

I have never had reason to consider another EDC light since getting one of his Titanium CR2-Ions. For me it is the perfect EDC. I've had mine in my pocket every day for 2 or more years. It literally looks and operates as good as new.

W.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a huge fan of the Lummis. Just got an Aeon, excellent production values and size. I love the level choices, a high high and reasonably low low. I think what might lean me towards the Aeon is the regulation, I love my Raw but not the slow fade. My only complaint about my Aeon is that mine, at least, has a fairly green beam. Don't know if that's par for the course.

fnj

Enlightened
I got a titanium aeon and a titanium nautilus. I like the nautilus the best, but the aeon is superb as well. They are both a remarkable advance over the ion, which was really cool in its day. No compromises.

The orb raw is a really good cr2 light too, but only with a lithium ion. It's nothing much with a cr2 primary.