What just happened???

Ctrain

Enlightened
After being certain my next light would be a Dereelight DBS V2 and having my eye on an E2DL... I came across all dizzy and sweaty and the next thing i knew I woke up at my computer to see an E-mail from 4sevens saying...

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x *Pre-order 9/2* Olight M20 Warrior Premium Black w/4 CR123A (OM20bP) = $99.00
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $99.00
Discount Coupons:CPF8: -$7.92
Total: $91.08

has anyone else experienced this???:D:D

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
Well it looks much nicer to me, can understand why you chose it .
The warranty claim cracks me up tho...

Warranty
No Hassle Lifetime Guarantee
Batteries will deplete, switches will wear out, electronics will burn out, rubber boots and O-rings will age. Everything else is covered by our lifetime no-hassle guarantee: if it breaks, we fix it!

It looks like I've read it from somewhere before, accept with the word "bulb" replaced with "electronics". Seems like almost everything is not covered by the warranty? What exactly is the "everything else"? which IS covered?

DArklite

Enlightened
Here's what happened:
"My name is ___________ and I'm a Flashaholic".

I did the exact opposite: My mind was made up on the Olight M20 and was planning on watching the clock for the promo offer - then ended up pulling the trigger on the Dereelight DBS v2 instead :devil:
Aren't choices great?

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Warranty
Batteries will deplete, switches will wear out, electronics will burn out, rubber boots and O-rings will age. Everything else is covered by our lifetime no-hassle guarantee: if it breaks, we fix it!
It looks like I've read it from somewhere before, accept with the word "bulb" replaced with "electronics". Seems like almost everything is not covered by the warranty? What exactly is the "everything else"? which IS covered?

Sounds to me if the anodizing gets marred or you the glass gets scratched or the reflector gets dirty they will cover it. It also seems they will cover abuse. :naughty:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Warranty

Sounds to me if the anodizing gets marred or you the glass gets scratched or the reflector gets dirty they will cover it. It also seems they will cover abuse. :naughty:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warranty

Hmmm, so if anything important breaks its not covered? everything else? Switches and electronics are not covered? wow, thats some cover... Surely thats a typo, or something ??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't feel so bad. Many of us have a short list of the next lights we plan to get.... And then something hawt comes along and it's like you wake up in a bathtub full of ice, and someone has taken a huge chunk out of your wallet. ;)

Yeah, the Olight M20 wasn't on my short list either. But I'm getting one.... At 50% off! :party:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
yeh now you've put it into perspective I'm ashamed of myself...
But how would I explain that to the Girlfriend...:rolleyes:

Best response, "There's an online shop that will be offering a special promotional giveaway. But I have to be up at 2am in order to participate. I'll take you out to a nice place to eat over the weekend."

Generally, as long as she gets something in exchange for letting you get something.... everything works out.

Instead of a meal at a nice restaurant, perhaps you get her a pair of nice shoes.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking forward to buying a M20... when I saw the Raidfire Spear on 4sevens site and I decided to get the spear in stead of the M20.

Well, as it turns out... the Spear will show up on my doorstep a couple of days Ahead of the M20 anyway. The M20 just looked too cool... I could not pass it up. I did get MattK's 5% cpf discount at least:)

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
still it all depends on what you want out of a flashlight the M20 will not out throw the DBS (its just physics of the reflector) but if that's your want/need the DBS is better - but for size spec's & usability the M20 "might" be better - but because no one has one its still speculation but the DBS is tried and true - not to mention easy up gradeability - you might have to wait for some reviews to make your mind up. :wave:

DArklite

Enlightened
I was looking forward to buying a M20... when I saw the Raidfire Spear on 4sevens site and I decided to get the spear in stead of the M20.

Well, as it turns out... the Spear will show up on my doorstep a couple of days Ahead of the M20 anyway. The M20 just looked too cool... I could not pass it up. I did get MattK's 5% cpf discount at least:)

The Spear was also on my short-list and after much Googling, the only place that I could find that had them in stock was 4sevens - BUT - "the Spear comes with a TEXTURED reflector". I asked Matt about availability of a smooth reflector as an add-on and he was going to check into it, but I never heard back. I ended up going with the DBS v2 instead.
Too bad; I wanted a Spear, not a Smear. :mad:

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
The Spear was also on my short-list and after much Googling, the only place that I could find that had them in stock was 4sevens - BUT - "the Spear comes with a TEXTURED reflector". I asked Matt about availability of a smooth reflector as an add-on and he was going to check into it, but I never heard back. I ended up going with the DBS v2 instead.
Too bad; I wanted a Spear, not a Smear. :mad:

You might find the Spear here too (pics look like SMO):
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13063

:sssh:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I slept thru the countdown... would've been 2am here

At least you didn't precisely plan for the countdown and then get the directions completely wrong. Did I say completely.
And I thought I was being so smart!
Oh well.

Bill

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes... The DBS will not be far away! actually lookin now...
Hey Glen, did you say you had a DBS? where abouts online did you buy yours?
From the source direct from www.dereelight.com but you can get them here http://www.torchworld.com.au/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=469 in ozy and here too http://extremetorches.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=20 make sure you get the the 3SD pill as it has low med high - I personally don't use med but I am not sure if you can get 2SD's any more - why I say get the "SD" pill is because they are driven at 1.2amp the "SM" pill can take take other batteries if thats what you need but it is only driven at 1amp so it wont throw as far - oh yer there is the DI pill which has variable control - havent used it my self but could be your taste - PM me and I can give you my phone number if you want to talk or see/play with it first before you $pend - but they do make you smile when you fire them up :poke: