led lenser

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
uhmm is the p7 really that good.why didnt anyone buy the p14
and does the p14 can really run up to 100+ hours:shrug:

jupello

Enlightened
The P7 optics are the best I'we seen so far. It's a pity other manufacturers dont seem to put effort into making optics like that.. it's great to have a smooth floodlight and still get throw or anything in between when you need it.. but I personally dislike the 3xAAA format and UI's that dont allow to shut down the light with one click.. the momentary mode is great tho.

I havent seen the P14 in real life, so I'm a bit afraid that it would feel a bit thick, but cant be sure before I get one on my hands.. and it cant have 100+ hour runtime with 172 lumens, so it's either with low mode or untill the led completely dims out.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had the new T7 for around 2 weeks now and here is my take so far.

The optics are top notch. This light throws farther than everything I have including my Inova T4-MP, SureFire E2DL and Fenix TK10, plus it has a nice flood at the other end of the setting. The machining and anodizing is top notch, and the over all build quality seems excellent.

My complaints. The 4 AAA battery format makes the handle a little fat for me. The battery time on Alkalines is dismal at best, ( I measured it at 35 minutes) but on Energizer Lithiums it has been very good. The tint on mine is more blue/purple than any light I have except my E01. I like warmer tints, much warmer.

I have read the negative comments about quality on the older models but I never owned one. I would say these new LED lensers should be a serious consideration if you need a thrower and a flood light all in one and don't mind a slightly larger light.

Bill

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think one of the first things to do when looking at LEDLenser's models is to ignore the runtime rating. They probably run 0.5-2 hours to 50% depending on battery. At 100 hours the LED should be glowing but it won't be much use.

But their optics seem good and quality seems to have improved in the newer models from what I read here. How much of an improvement I don't know.

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've got a few LED LENSERS and i've had a very positive experience with my P7. Its outstanding and can not fault it.

I just bought a P14 and am expeciting good things. In terms of output I'd say its slightly brighter but probably because of the bigger optics.

Great stuff..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
and how tough is led lenser product
as strong as sf or maybe fenix?

No.... I've owned a handful of lights from that brand. They are not known for being tough. I own a handful of Fenix models and I have a small collection of Surefires.

There's no comparison, when it comes to toughness.

Last edited:

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
monocrom,

i'd tend to disagree with you on that one. I dropped my P7 of a 20m cave and found it still switched on and with only a few scratches.

But I might be lucky.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
monocrom,

i'd tend to disagree with you on that one. I dropped my P7 of a 20m cave and found it still switched on and with only a few scratches.

But I might be lucky.

I'd say you were very lucky indeed.

The handful of their models that I used to own are now down to one. All the others failed on me after very little abuse. :sigh:

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
well hopefully with this seemingly good enw range - they can improve on that front...

toolpig1

Enlightened
I've had a few Led Lenser models and in one word...underwhelmed. They overstate their runtimes to the ridiculous, don't have fully regulated output, and the switches suck.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite LED lenser lights are the GREEN/White combos. I had excellent service when one failed. of the others I've owned, they no longer work.
I admire their marketing skills getting that light into stores while FENIX is unknown at retail.

There is no comparison in terms of performance or reliability. Fenix is a far superior light IMHO.

Glowman

Newly Enlightened
LED Lenser is very good at optics, no doubt on that. But, their driver (using multiple AAA), no regulation, ridiculous runtime claims sucks! I just can't understand why they can't make a good driver for their lights. German made lights, right? Don't they have the technology for that yet? And they're fond of using fancy names on their drivers that makes you think it something revolutionary when in fact, they're even worst opposites compared to Chinese made lights like Fenix, Nitecore, Liteflux, etc. These chinese lights don't even make names on their drivers when it is considered wonderful (boost and regulate a single cell to drive LEDs at 3.6v+).

Maybe they named their company after what they think they can be better at... "lens".

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened
German made lights, right?
Actually my Led Lenser P5 had the famous "Made in china" on its box...
The build quality looks and feels quite good but yeah i'd have to agree that their circuitry could be better.
I'm not sure how the P/T7 is but my P5 has a slighly squarish beam and is abit ringy but its focusable beam makes the most out of the 60 lumen output.
Also the the surefire F04 beamshaper fits on the P5 as it has a 1" bezel and works quite nicely and i also found out that the holes around the bezel actually have a use...they let air in and out when you slide the head to focus which could be a a problem to water getting in.
But overall its a nice light!

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
There is a reason why FENIX can't be found in the retail sector. Lack of mainstream interest.

Expensive and targeted to a small minority

Marduke

Flashaholic
There is a reason why FENIX can't be found in the retail sector. Lack of mainstream interest.

Expensive and targeted to a small minority

Yeah, the small minority of consumers who know what regulated output means and don't fall for absurd lumen and runtime marketing.

BTW, LL's price point is much higher than Fenix's.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
monocrom,

But I might be lucky.

You weren't lucky. My local LL retailer told me the rep from the company go onto a small scissor lift crane, go to about 15 metres and threw the P7 to the ground pretty hard, all this happned outside his shop. It survived with minor scratches. I don't know about previous models of LL lights, but the recent ones seems bulletproof. I have a couple of their keychain lights and they are built like tanks. With the LL H7 headlamp I bought a few days ago, quality is top notch and very durable compared to HL's Ive owned in the past.