E2 Lithium price issue

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for being such a party pooper. No offense meant for 4sevens. But, I feel bad about this:

https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_95&products_id=540

Notice the price is way higher than retail.

Walmart sells a pack of 8 E2 Lithiums for $16.99.

Fry's for $15.99.

Sam's club sells a pack of 12 for $19.99.

The reason I buy from 4sevens is because their battery prices are typically less than retail. But this is the opposite.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for being such a party pooper. No offense meant for 4sevens. But, I feel bad about this:

https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_95&products_id=540

Notice the price is way higher than retail.

Walmart sells a pack of 8 E2 Lithiums for $16.99.

Fry's for $15.99.

Sam's club sells a pack of 12 for $19.99.

The reason I buy from 4sevens is because their battery prices are typically less than retail. But this is the opposite.

Well, depends on the fact if you have a Walmart, Sam's or Fry's nearby or not.
Here in Europe these are normally sold for about 16 to 17 Euros (> 23$) a 4-pack, so 22$ (or 20.25 after CPF-Code) for a 8-pack *shipped* is a very tempting price :whistle:

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, depends on the fact if you have a Walmart, Sam's or Fry's nearby or not.
Here in Europe these are normally sold for about 16 to 17 Euros (> 23$) a 4-pack, so 22$ (or 20.25 after CPF-Code) for a 8-pack *shipped* is a very tempting price :whistle:

Something I don't know:

Is shipping free worldwide?

Also, I suppose you don't get charged customs and taxes when buying from the US?

If that's the case, then it is cheaper for people outside the US to buy from 4sevens.

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's not a good price for US based customers, but it's probably the best price around for international customers, especially with the free shipping worldwide.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a good price for US based customers, but it's probably the best price around for international customers, especially with the free shipping worldwide.

OK, now it is clear to me.

L91 is very expensive in Canada. Ordering from 4sevens would make sense, as long as Canada customs does not charge.

Wait, different but related topic, aren't Lithium batteries not allowed on airplane cargo holds?

Does this mean shipping is by ground only?

AlexLED

Enlightened
Something I don't know:

Also, I suppose you don't get charged customs and taxes when buying from the US?

If that's the case, then it is cheaper for people outside the US to buy from 4sevens.

Yes, shipping is free to any country ! I have purchased several items and received in Germany quickly.

Depending on your country, the value of the goods and your luck, you might have to pay customs / taxes. (I did not.)

And to the initial post: my favorite supplier for electronic goods in Germany (reichelt.de) lists those batteries for 9.75 Euros for 4 pc, that would be some 14 USD, but you would have to pay shipping ! (5.60 Euro)

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Something I don't know:

Yes, shipping is free worldwide at 4Seven's above an amount of 20$ :)

As for custom's taxes, this may depend on each country. E.g. for mine, the 'official' no-charge limit is at 22€, but in fact our customs don't care very much unless they think you are well above this amount (will anyways be raised to 150€ next year).
So almost all overseas shippings are indeed tax free, the chances to be 'caught' being well below 1:100 according to my personal experience :party:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, now it is clear to me.

L91 is very expensive in Canada. Ordering from 4sevens would make sense, as long as Canada customs does not charge.
I've bought from 4sevens and ShiningBeam. No charges from Canada Customs in either case.

Wait, different but related topic, aren't Lithium batteries not allowed on airplane cargo holds?

That seems to be the way it is now. Still not a big issue for me. If I can get 8 batteries for a little more than the price of 4 here, it's worth the wait.

Marduke

Flashaholic

No, small shipments are exempt. Shipments large enough to contain enough cells to fall under those regulations are too heavy to be put on passenger aircraft anyhow, so they go to cargo-only aircraft.

Latest posts