Andy Rooney's a flashaholic!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Andy Rooney\'s a flashaholic!

Quite possible... Who knows how many celebrities can actually be flashaholics or closet CPFers...

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast

A while back Craig outed some NASA personnel as CPF lurkers. Possibly astronauts themselves. I think that's pretty close to celebrity.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any CPFers = Professors/Teachers?

That gets me wondering:

With the intelligent talk here all the time, how many CPFers are teachers or professors?

I'm willing to bet more than a handful are...

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

What if several CPF'ers were celebrities. Would they appreciate an inexpensive mod? Would they place more value on a flashlights looks than on what's inside? Would they try to ban other flashlights that weren't like the ones they liked? Would the environmentalist celebrities use their bully pulpit to try and shut down CPF because we use polluting batteries? Would we pay more attention to their post even though they are for the most part less educated and less experienced than we are?

If the following three beautiful female celebs joined CPF which one would you most likely want to meet in person and spend time with discussing flashlights?

1. Has a high school diploma and spent 3 days filming at a Duracell plant
2. Has a bachelors degree in liberal arts
3. Owns 5 flashlights, all of them cheapies.

I know my choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
DavidW said:
A while back Craig outed some NASA personnel as CPF lurkers. Possibly astronauts themselves. I think that's pretty close to celebrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more than a few browsing from NASA's network. But most of the people at NASA are contractors, not employees, and even then there are plenty of employees who aren't astronauts.
But there are plenty of reasons to have a flashlight at NASA....

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok guys...you caught me...

i'm christopher tolkien /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
don't believe me? take a shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this is an interesting concept indeed...i have often though of smurfing under a celeb name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Andy couldn't be a flashaholic, if you noticed what he had on his desk, they were pretty generic, nothing that really seemed out of the ordinary or clever, but then again I may not be the best judge.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps he's not in the elite of flashlight collectors, but he had enough on display to be verging on flashaholism.

So is it how many you have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, what kind you have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, or how long you can go without buying another one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Never have one when I need one." Looks like he would be a good candidate for an Arc AAA or Infinity Ultra. Then he would really have something to talk about on 60 Minutes. An LS light may be too cutting edge for him, considering his age.

Saaby

Flashaholic

He he--I was up in Sun Valley at my grandma's house for the weekend and saw that. Everyone razed me..."He speaks your language Ryan" they said...

Yup, he does speak english!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

DD, it won't change much if a flashaholic is a celebrity or not, except if they get more of their friends to join or at least read up on CPF whenever they buy flashlights. Then the more CPF can "help" someone decide on a light, the better...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I saw that 60 Minutes segment and, like keithhr, was struck by the appearance of the flashlights as all being generic; as if they had a gofer run and buy a bunch of flashlights for the shot, and all incandescent too..hard to believe Andy hasn't discovered LED yet in his flashaholic journey..then again, maybe not..

Saaby

Flashaholic

You're sure that headlamp wasn't LED? I mean I wasn't paying THAT close attention but it looked awfully LEDish...

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast

But, at the end of the review - didn't he finally settle on a normal candle ?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Who knows. I'd send him a note tellin' him of CPF if I knew his e-mail addie...