Incan to Malkoff

anon031508

Newly Enlightened
I am upgrading my g2 for incan to malkoff and my only question is M60LL or M60L. I would like to use this light A LOT for item finding in the basement, yard searching and general satisfaction (ie. playing with it ;)). I don't plan on using it for fine tasks, I'll use my fenix for that, but I don't want to be disappointed in the switch. Thanks for the input.

zven

Enlightened
Personally, I'd go with the M60L. The M60LL will have close to the same output as you're used to, I believe, and the M60L should be a lot brighter. And myself, I think the 4+ hour runtime of the M60L is plenty, especially considering the output you get. The M60LL might be nice, though, if you think you really need/want the extra runtime.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
M60Flood low level I, AKA the M60FL would be a good way to go, otherwise the M60L is the way to go.

rumack

Enlightened
Tough choice between those two. I have the M60L and I love it. I don't have the M60LL yet (hopefully soon) but I do have the SureFire P60L which is supposed to be similar in lumen output. Inside the house, I like the 80 lumen output level. The M60L is fine inside, but it's a little brighter than I need. Outside, the higher output of the M60L has the upper hand. If you like the output that you have now with fresh batteries, that would translate to the M60LL. If you want a little more kick, go for the M60L. Gene's products are very high quality and his customer service is unbelievably good. A Malkoff drop-in is a wise choice. Enjoy!

Niconical

Enlightened
I would say M60L, for 2 reasons.

Firtstly, I just got 2 of them myself, and I am very impressed.
Obviously the standard M60 is the 'top-of-the-line' Malkoff. It was my first, and I would say my favorite, but if I could only have one of them, it would be the M60L. The balance of output and runtime is just right.

Secondly, I would say you're more likely to regret the purchase of a LL, wishing it were an L, than the other way round.
You can make the L last as long as the LL by just having a spare set of batteries. You can't make the LL brighter though.

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1.5456786943 or more. On that last statement.

You can always change batteries, but can't bump up the brightness of a sealed module. Since you said your going to be doing some backyard work as well you are going to wish the LL was the L real quick. I still like the FL more though, that nice even lighting is just so easy to live with.

There is an M60L thats starts the photo list of this thread. Not nearly enough to really like up the backyard well but it will do in a pinch. What you see is a little better than what the photo portrays.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=205842

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
While I've never tried the M60LL, I will echo what's been said here and recommend the M60L. It's a good compromise of runtime and output, although using it in a small room may be a bit too much depending on how sensitive your eyes are.

It does a great job of putting quite a bit of light where it's needed outside, and while it doesn't compare to an M60, it does more than enough for most outside tasks. If you get only one Malkoff (which isn't possible, trust me), then get the M60L. It's one of those things you wonder how you lived without once you have it in your hands.

bullterrier

Enlightened
+1 fore M60LL got 2 in my cars. one in a yellow G2 one in a P6 Host.
i also got M60, M60L and M60FL. You can't go wrong with anyone of them.
M60LL(80l) for long battery time 8,5h M60L(140l) 4,5h

roymail

Enlightened
Both are great drop-ins from Malkoff. I use an M60L in a G2 and don't regret my decision at all. It's awesome! My only regret is not having a G3 so I can use 2 x 17500's... but that will be remedied soon.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for the M60LL, or the M60LF, but I loved the M60L (in a G2) so much, I bought another one to go in a 9P. IMHO, it's the perfect balance of brightness and runtime. I use mine indoors (and outdoors) all the time.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote is for M60L; while good things have been said about the M60FL, you can always buy a diffuser, but you can't really collimate light from the M60FL.

Also remember that the McC2S switch mod will work well with the Malkoffs if it's too bright for ... oh heck, you said you had a Fenix for close-up.

roymail

Enlightened
I can't speak for the M60LL, or the M60LF, but I loved the M60L (in a G2) so much, I bought another one to go in a 9P. IMHO, it's the perfect balance of brightness and runtime. I use mine indoors (and outdoors) all the time.

I total agree... getting a G3 soon! As I've said before, I think it's one of the great all purpose lights available today. :)