Performance of Alkaline Cells

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use LSD Ni-Mh for most AAA/AA use, However I don't like using them where there are more than 6 in series due to lower voltage and possibility of one cell running down before the other and may not be detected quick enough and causing damage to it. I also have some equipment that uses 4 to 8 C and D cells.

I see Rayovac in multi packs at a good price and generic brands at even lower prices. I would like to know if there are any thorough tests done.

One area I'd like to see is reliability. Back in the late 80's I had much problems with AA Energizers. One cell would die prematurely. I noticed this issue with D cell Everready Alkalines purchased at Dollar General more recently.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any concrete data, but from my own personal experiences, I have not had any problems with the "Made In USA" Rayovac Maximum Plus AA or D cells, or the "Made In Malaysia" Rayovac Maximum Plus 9V cells.

In my usage, they work just as well as the big guys and cost less.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some good info if you haven't looked at the thread before. The voltage difference mostly isn't an issue for a light though. The alkaline actually are at a lower voltage for most of their discharge than the NiMh. Any light that has an issue with the NiMh voltage would be bad for most of the alkaline run time.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some good info if you haven't looked at the thread before. The voltage difference mostly isn't an issue for a light though. The alkaline actually are at a lower voltage for most of their discharge than the NiMh. Any light that has an issue with the NiMh voltage would be bad for most of the alkaline run time.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Great test!:twothumbs