Looking for a drop-in for a 6D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'm looking to get a drop in that will give me around 60-100 lumens for a long long time. I also want it to run cool since the drop in won't have the body to help heatsink.
One of those half power 4-6 D malkoffs would be great but nobody's selling them.

Are there any choices for me out there. This light is going to be strictly for long power outages. Any modders making something I would be interested in?

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Terralux works well. I have a few mags set up with them for outages. I don't think they're 150 lumens though, probably less than 120 at temperature. They self regulate their output because of their temperature. They start brighter and then reduce as the temp goes up.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-6k2.html

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yep it is for a Mag.

I looked at the Terralux but I feel is gets way too hot for such a little heatsink. I heard something about tint shifting too. :thumbsdow

But there's so many Terraluxes maybe I was reading about a different one?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think that was for early 2-3 6exB the 4-6cell 6ex is good and it only pushes hard at 4d "500ma-600ma" ....at 6D its not pushed hard so there shouldnt be any heat issues i would think

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Any guess on the 6D runtime from that particular terralux then?

It might work just fine if it runs long enough. This was a quick thread!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
here are some ma measurements that were done on the 6k2 which is if im not mistaken still the same exact circuit they are still using just with seoul

as for runtime , the 3D i think gets 15 hours to 50% the 4D is suppose to get 20 hours till 50% i could only assume 6d will get 30+ till 50% and many more afterwards in moon mode dim light

Last edited: