SureFire Spares Carriers...Laser Products?

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this might be a fairly trivial question, but it has been floating around at the back of my mind for a while now.

I've got several SureFire spares carriers. Some purchased recently, other purchased years ago. All of them, however, bear the old Laser Products markings, and the target/crosshairs SureFire logo.

Does anyone have a spares carrier that has dropped the Laser Products name? Or have SureFire just never updated them? They're not the most high-profile items in their product lineup, so the latter wouldn't surprise me.

Regards,
Tempest

greenLED

Flashaholic
Funny; I'd never noticed that.

Two of my SC2's have the Laser Products info on them, but two SC3's have the SF info instead.

I know I have at least two more SC's somewhere, but I can't seem to find them right now.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The effort and cost involved in changing the injection moulds is significant and for something as minor as a logo change - I think SureFire have more important things to concentrate on.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The effort and cost involved in changing the injection moulds is significant and for something as minor as a logo change - I think SureFire have more important things to concentrate on.

Very good point....I just didn't notice the Logo change until it was brought up here.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Strange.....I have an SC1 and it has both the Laser Products logo and the SureFire logo. The SureFire logo is in the center while the Laser Products is displayed in the typical arch fashion it as it appears on the 6P tail caps and such.

BTW da fabricata where and how did you get those camo colored c2 and 6p? Any bigger photos of them? They look really nice. :twothumbs

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW da fabricata where and how did you get those camo colored c2 and 6p? Any bigger photos of them? They look really nice. :twothumbs

Actually it's a C2 and an E2e:whistle:
I got lucky looking around. Got the C2 on eBay and the E2e here on CPF:thumbsup:

I need a better camera:ironic:
002-14.jpg

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess there is some variation, then :eek: Although the fact that the one I recently bought says Laser Products, when other peoples' recent ones say SureFire, suggests they're still making...both?

Anyway, thanks for the input, guys :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've bought my SC's "used" at the CPFM, so I doubt they're representative of current production characteristics.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they customer paint jobs? Or were they official releases?

They were a special edition that came from Surefire. Is is a Camo-pattern slash anodizing:D

OT...I just realized I had a lot more spares carriers of both type (Logos) in places I had forgot about. Good to know.... and also more bulbs and batteries:twothumbs

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish someone would make these carriers for other battery types - it's a great design.

-Trevor

Till

Newly Enlightened
Slightly off topic, but is it true that SF spare carriers are definitely and confirmed waterproof?

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Strange.....I have an SC1 and it has both the Laser Products logo and the SureFire logo. The SureFire logo is in the center while the Laser Products is displayed in the typical arch fashion it as it appears on the 6P tail caps and such.

That's exactly what mine says.