10 amp switch for mag-lite

DocD

Enlightened
Hi,
I'm looking for a 10amp push button switch, does any one remember any info on were to buy or what switch i can mod, to either replace a stock switch or make a tail switch,like maybe mac's" The Torch " uses.
Any help would be great many thanks DocD

Last edited:

DocD

Enlightened
That's great thanks for the info, does any one have some pictures of the tail cap mod or by any luck does or can i fit this switch, some how in to the same space were the std switch is fitted ? cheers DocD

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS is the one I know of. Don, I can't see your link so if it's the same one, I apologise.
The switches from both BatterySpace and LightHound are the exact same ones. I've bought them from both places and they are identical.

Here's one of the tail switches I did with them:

ambientmind

Enlightened
The switches from both BatterySpace and LightHound are the exact same ones. I've bought them from both places and they are identical.

Here's one of the tail switches I did with them:
I have been looking at that switch for another purpose, how well do you think it will keep water out? Its rated "waterproof" with that rubber boot.

DocD

Enlightened
many thanks for all you guys help with this cheers, going to try fitting one were the stock switch fits, if i do it i'll post up some pics thanks DocD

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking at that switch for another purpose, how well do you think it will keep water out? Its rated "waterproof" with that rubber boot.
I wouldn't want to use it as a dive light, but it does seem to be fairly waterproof. The rubber wraps all the way around to the bottom of the switch cover. If I were worried about water intrusion, I would probably add a little silicone or other gasket sealant to the bottom of the cover as I installed it to make sure no water could leak past.