Fenix P2D rebel weak light at 1YR?

dansjeep2000

Newly Enlightened
I have had my Fenix for a little over a year and carry it to work everyday. For some reason its not nearly as bright as it used to be, I have tried several battery brands but have noticed no change. To give you an idea of what i mean a AA Mag light with OK batteries will over power the Fenix by 10X. any ideas?

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I would say that if it still goes through all the modes ok then the LED is no good. There was a batch of faulty rebels that got put into some lights but i don't know much about this as i always use Cree's so the info did not interest me. Sorry i cannot be of any more help. Was it a gradual reduction or did it happen overnight.

dansjeep2000

Newly Enlightened
I would say it happend slowly. Think Fenix will take care of it for me?

Last edited:

spgrk

Newly Enlightened
That's a bummer because the Fenix L2T Rebel I have has a much nicer beam (tint & profile) than any of their Cree lights. It seems to be OK so far but I don't use it every day. I remember the Rebel recall - see this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186488

The result is that there are very few Rebel lights available now; and for some reason there aren't that many SSC P4 lights either. We're stuck with ringy Crees.

dansjeep2000

Newly Enlightened
I will gladly take all of your ringy Crees. :grin2:

If you ordered from Fenix-Store, then it should be no hassle at all for the warranty repair.

Problem for me is I was given the light as a gift and have no
receipt but I have the original box and paperwork

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Make sure you do a thorough and proper cleaning before doing any warranty/return servicing, often dirt/oxides on the contacts/threads can cause your light to dim notably. The threads on your P2D should look like bright silver if they're completely clean.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
+ on what leeleefocus said. The LED was recalled, so you should still be able to get a repair, especially from fenix-store.com.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
if you got a multimeter you can try to measure the current the light uses
tighten the head for turbo mode, unscrew the tailcap, set the multimeter at 10A and connect one of the wires to the back of the battery and the other one to the blank metal part of the body
once you know the current and thus the power your light consumes we'll be able to make some more conclusions

dansjeep2000

Newly Enlightened
if you got a multimeter you can try to measure the current the light uses
tighten the head for turbo mode, unscrew the tailcap, set the multimeter at 10A and connect one of the wires to the back of the battery and the other one to the blank metal part of the body
once you know the current and thus the power your light consumes we'll be able to make some more conclusions

I'll try that

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you are in the US then you should send it to Fenix Store. IIRC they are the ones who take care of Fenix warranty stuff in the US.