Got My ARC LS Second!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben H

Enlightened
I just got my Arc Ls second! I got a great deal!! The only problem I can see is that the "F" in Flashlight didn't get printed well on the head and a small finger print on the optics. All of these in my book are very minor and attest to the high quality standards of ARC.

The beam is bright and the color is white! On the head it says LS1-3412. It is the new body style. Does it have a low dome LS and the new circuitry?

The size is nice and small which really gets me excited about an even smaller 123 cell LS light. I'd love to see Peter make a Mini Arc LS.

Thanks for the great deal on the ARC LS, Peter.

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how my Premium model passed QC? I noticed the optics has some oil or something under it and at a angle looks like a finger print.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your light is normal Fusion. The "oil" appearance is the moire pattern in the AR lexan. It certainly does not affect output. The fingerprint is from the fact that these lights are hand made. The print is on the outside of the lens protector and rubs off. Removing the lens protector would also remove it of course. It too does not affect the beam output.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. They both use the BW01 (Low Dome) Luxeon Star 1Watt LED. The difference is the LSL is a new model designation for 2003 that is supposed to be easier to understand (L=low dome).

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, are any of those 2nd's still available? They are a great deal.

What's the issue with the twist tailcaps (don't work with some battery brands)? Do you know if they're ok with Surefire batteries? I definitely prefer the twist cap to the pushbutton and I hope you can bring it back sometime with appropriate redesign for battery interoperability.

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
The only issue I've found with the Twisty is it leaves dents in the bottom of the battery if you tighten it down too much. My twisties work with the SF Batteries, no problems. No problem with the consumable 123's but it does leave dents in the bottom of the AA NiMH's

I suspect there may have been a battery rattle issueif the elastomer wears, but springs do wear over time also.

paulr

Flashaholic
Arc's website mentions the twisty 123 cap is discontinued because it had problems with some brands of 123. I agree with Ben H, a mini LS would be great.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I like my twisty. Got one through the good graces, and decent price, from a CPF'er. Works perfectly with LSH-P. Really small that way, though I do like the convenience of clickie. Checked ARC site last nite and twisties are still on sale as seconds. Every one who owns an LS should have one. It gives you choices, and so reasonable. May not like it today, but tomorrow the twistie may be the way to go for you.

Ben H

Enlightened
Luminocity, I got the clicky which works fine. The extra length from the clicky doesn't bother my pocket as much as the OD does. I would definitely like a similar light with a smaller OD. The ARC LS is a fantastic light. It is the smallest, brightest light I own.

snuffy

Enlightened
The FedEx guy just delivered my LS Second, an LSL-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Just looking at it I can't see anything that make's it a "second".
Anodizing, optic, farkle, engraving, beam shape and lens all look good.
Maybe it's because the tint is more to the violet and not pure white caused it to be classified as a second. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
For only $60 I can certainly live with a little violet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deanster

Enlightened
I've had an LS-1 rev.2 for about six months now, and have managed to miss every other 'special' for 2nd's, blems, grey kits, etc. since then. Have been wanting an LSH-P in the worst way, but unwilling to part with the $$.

Ordered 3 'grab bag' seconds, and am thrilled with the results. One LS-1 rev.2 w/clickie, one LSL-P w/clickie, and one LSH-P w/clickie!!

All have substantial cosmetic issues w/ the HA, either mottled or very thin/light in appearance, but a bit of mix and match with my three clickies and one twisty yielded three well-matched sets and one with a slight mismatch.

Beams all look great, minimum farkle. If I'd gotten any of these for $10 off full price, I would have been happy. At $60/each, I'm thrilled. No idea why these haven't evaporated like the grey kits did...

Thanks Peter!

snuffy

Enlightened
Glad to hear others are having good luck with those seconds.
I was hoping the outstanding LSL-P I received wasn't a fluke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the grab bag nature of it has scared me.

I don't like having no idea what I will get LSL-P, LSL-S, LSH-L, LSL-P, LS1, or LS2.

The cosmetic faults wouldn't bother me; heck it might make it bother me less when I drop it and add my own cosmetic faults. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.