Any decent china P7 out there?

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
Hi all, i've been away from the forums for a few months.
I'm hoping now there are some decent china P7 lights that drive the LED at full power and heatsink decently?

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
ok. same as before then.
wolfeyes (not sure where it's made) but it's certainly not a china light price!
A shame no decent manufacturer or chinese one has come up with a p7 light.
I', expecting to get something in romisen like quality - decent machining/heatsinking with a p7. :-(

it's been a while now, i dont think they'll ever come up.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC Wolfeye is a Chinese company.

The place of origin shouldn't designate the price of the light. An American light can be cheaper then an Chinese made light, just look at Maglite and Fenix, Olight and similar.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
I'm talking about affordable lights. no matter where they are from.
These lights are generally referred as china lights in the forums.

Prince_of_Peace

Newly Enlightened
I found mine...

I bought a P-7 from China Quality Goods on E-Bay a couple months ago.
It is made by MTE and has only the 2 power levels very low and GO.

I live in the country surrounded by thousands of acres of corn and I walk my 2 Black Labs for 45 minuets to an hour every night "cigar before bed"
and mine has seen duty on high only 99% of the time. I am constantly surprised at how cool it is when I come in and shut it off. It is barley warm to the touch and I find that quite acceptable.
It runs on a 18600 re-chargeable. I bought the charger 2 batteries and the light for $86.00 shipping inclusive. I rotate the batteries every night when we come in. The lamp has functioned without a burp. I have dropped it countless times on our nightly forays into the dark and it could care less. Great deal on a strong P-7 LED.

I would recommend it with no reservations. The low is around 100 lumen's by comparing it to Fenix lights I own. The High blows the TK-10 into a night lite for a child when the P-7 lights up.Very nice PERFECT ring. Spot is
solid and ULTRA WHITE. I couldn't ask for more. Without the charger and batteries it's around $45.00 or so plus shipping.
I had no 18600 size or a like charger so I went yard on the purchase.

Good luck with your search.

Peace.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the original MTE 5 mode way back when and have not found a better cheap P7 light since.
I also have received an Elektrolumens M@g 3C-P7 and have an Elektrolumens EDC-P7 on order but those are in the $150 range.

18650 batteries range from 1200 mAH to 2200 mAh actual. With most of the older lights running at 2.2 A on max and a few of the new ones up to 2.8A the runtime is 1/2 hour up to just under 1 hour on max. CAREFUL ABOUT YOUR SELECTION OF BATTERY.

I would get a multimode that has a medium mode. Light output does not drop by much but doubles the runtime. And the light does not get too hot to hold. Max is always there when I need it.
Or you can get a 2*18650 if you do not mind the bigger size.

Until about a month ago quality has been adequate. There was only 1 report of a DOA light. The UI of the 5 modes tend to be finicky.
Unfortunately with more and more models coming out the CRAP is starting to appear. For example with this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14741
1st customer review "had to fiddle with the light to make it work the first time"
2nd customer review "To correct the pill, heat the pill a little and take LED apart from pill and re-epoxy the LED to the pill. + other fixes needed."
3rd customer review "poor quality of the pill, no heat conduction; Pill was loose not fully screwed in the body"
It is now buyer beware time. Read the reviews here and on the DX site carefully looking for LACK OF PROBLEMS before you buy.