Unknown brand R2 HAIII

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have anyone purchase this or seen a review about this light?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14444

- Features a Cree XR-E R2-WC LED Emitter
- HA-III anti-scratch finish

- Powered by 2 x 3.0V/3.6V CR123A batteries or 1 x 18650 battery (sold separately)
- Input voltage range: 3.0V~8.4V
- Maximum brightness: 250 lumens (manufacturer rated)
- Maximum circuit outpet: 1000mA
- 5-mode GITD tail cap clicky switch with mode memory: Hi > Mid > Lo > Strobe > SOS
- 1.5~2.0 hours total estimated runtime (manufacturer rated)
- Regulated driver circuitry
- Glass lens with alumium textured/OP reflector with copper heatsink driver base

bspofford

Enlightened
I have a number of these, and they are very nice for the price. The first batch was sent with no padding of any kind between several lights in one envelope. The HAIII is good enough that all of the lights were without scratches or dings. I upgraded each to have coated AR glass, and they are compact 18650 or 2X16340 lights. They are significantly smaller than the Huntlight knockoffs with a clip. The switch is a reverse clicky, and the output/runtime will depend on the P60 in the light. The R2 that comes with looks like the generic R2 modules sold by DX. :thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's really a Cree R2 WC with 1000mA to the R2 it should be pretty bright. Assuming the circuit can maintain enough voltage to the R2 (if the R2 has a high Vf) with an 18650. It may perform better (be brighter) with 2xCR123's depending on the circuit.

gorn

Enlightened
This looks like the Solarforce light that is hot on ebay now. I just ordered one with case, 2 rc123 batteries and charger for $23 shipped. Although the Solarforce is rated at 300 lumens.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
it uses the Solarforce R2-M drop in module, DX:14442. The "-M" stands for Memory. I did a review on this module in the P60 drop in sticky.

Looks like a nice host though. I like the heatsink fins around the body tube, although if it needs that large spring, chances are the module pill is not in direct contact with the body. Its very refreshing to see the new design 2xCR123/18650 DX lights, that aren't blatant surefire copies.:twothumbs