• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - One off Aspheric Deviant 1x123 - SOLD - thank you CPF

Ganp

Enlightened
IMG_1962.jpg

One of my earlier Deviant projects which has not been carried. It has only been tested and used for beamshots. This was a personal
project, and I will not be making another.

While not in the aspheric M@G league this relatively small light does throw quite well. And because there is no reflector behind the
lens there is no bright foreground spill to compromise vision, and distant subjects take prominence - well that's my theory anyway.
It is not suitable for general illumination, but illuminates well out to 160+ metres.

The head houses a budget lens and allows a small degree of focusing. Unless the Led is focused as sharply as possible the intensity is
noticeably reduced, but it is useful for illuminating closer subjects.
The light engine consists of a warm tint Cree XR-E Q5 WH emitter driven with a Piglet. It is easily changed for upgrades and an extra
LE can and two extra heatsinks are included. The can takes 0.55" driver boards. One heatsink is for an XR-E mounted on a small star
and the other is a blank. The LE concept is described HERE.

The 1x123 body and the head are compatible with the McLux 27LT :)caution: used with a 17670 battery) and the tail is SF-C fitting.

All components are made from 6082 alloy and hard anodised satin black. Please note that the anodising of the body exhibits a streaky
appearance when viewed in a strong light. It can be seen in some of the photo's.

This is what's included ....

The unfinished head on a 27LT body - shown for illustration only ....

Indoor beamshots at 1 metre. The same light engine and battery were used with the aspheric head, and in an MRV reflectored head. Three
different exposures to show how the aspheric compares to the MRV hotspot. Just to save anyone asking, the aspheric is the square and the
MRV is the round.

Outdoor beamshots at 165 metres ....
Controle shot and an enlarged section (from another image) with a figure in it, to show the scale of the building.

control-scale.jpg

Deviant Aspheric set on high, compared to a Seoul P7/Tri-Flupic/McR27 combination set on burst.

Aspheric-outdoors.gif

I think that just about covers it, but PM me if you want any more info'.

I'm asking $325.00 including insured international shipping only, and no PayPal fees.
The first 'I'll take it' posted will only get priority if followed with a PM.
SOLD

Thanks for looking.
Colin.

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
Re: FS - One off Aspheric Deviant 1x123

nice looking light ...I'd be all over this if I had the quids

Hello Colin,

I'll take it. PM incoming.

bill

Edit: For some reason, PMs are not working. Please email me at wmlafferty[at]comcast.net with paypal address.

bill

Last edited:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

bill you lucky dog!
If you change your mind please let me know .
Nice Collin!!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Colin, how about making that light but with a reflector and without the
aspheric lens.
I bet you'll sell a few of those :whistle::whistle::whistle: