WesternUnion, asking for your D.O.B and sumpreme co

Rat6P

Enlightened
Hi all,

Well I'll get straight to it...

1st question: Anyone have any experience buying from SumpremeCo in HK?
Heard anything about them?

2nd: I can't remember ever having been asked for my date of birth when signing up at an online store. Is this common practice? It just sounds a little dodgy to me! (true it has been a while since i last registered somewhere, so i may have forgotten)

3rd: Ive never used Western Union as a method of payment and I have only heard bad things about it. What say you?

Regards
rat6p

nexro

Enlightened
I did email SupremeCo for an order last time, it was quite some time ago. They asked to provide my credit card number by email or by fax. I opted not to buy...

DOB... never experienced that in all my online transactions. Why do they even need that?

As for Western Union, they are pretty popular now in my country. Only used it when I first became a flashaholic. There was no Paypal in my country yet during that time. It was quite risky but I always use Paypal now. There are always disadvantages, but Western Union is always my last choice or I just try to buy the item elsewhere.

Rat6P

Enlightened
nexro, wow asking for CC number in an email or fax......stuff that for a joke!

Yeah this D.O.B thing has me stumped and just gives me a bad vibe.

cheers for the info

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 Red flags. I'd have to say I would not do biz with a place that wants your DOB and Western Union. If they want DOB because you are buying something that you might need to be 18 or 21 y.o. for then just give them any date and your year of birth. But no way would I do Western Union with a company. Also looks like their prices there are not that good - $250 USD for a Gladius??

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Money sent by Western Union can be picked up in any Western Union office. A favorite for scammers because there is no way to 'catch' the person picking up the money, they can go to any office.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did email SupremeCo for an order last time, it was quite some time ago. They asked to provide my credit card number by email or by fax. I opted not to buy...

DOB... never experienced that in all my online transactions. Why do they even need that?

Same experience for me.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Run as fast as you can... Seriously that sounds awful. Regarding WU..that's another company that I'll never use again in my lifetime.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
nexro, wow asking for CC number in an email or fax......stuff that for a joke!

Yeah this D.O.B thing has me stumped and just gives me a bad vibe.

cheers for the info

You were asked for your DOB when you signed on here. It's used a lot to send out birthday greetings.

Rat6P

Enlightened
You were asked for your DOB when you signed on here. It's used a lot to send out birthday greetings.

Hmm I obviously forgot that one............... but CPF does not also ask me for my CC details, my address and other personal particulars to go with that D.O.B! Hence I felt semi comfortable giving it to CPF. ( if i even gave the correct one??)

Thanks for all the input everyone!!