• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD!! Price adjustment $170 For sale: Aleph 1

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CIMG3118.jpg

I know that Don is into super high-end stuff these days, but this light to me is classic McGizmo. It was built by the great one himself. It's an Aleph I (27mm head) with logo and with 2x123 tube and 2-stage tailcap with 60 ohm resistor and green tritium marker. It comes with the carry clip/clip system. The window is clear soda lime with AR coating on both sides.

The LED is a Lux III TYOJ driven by a Downboy 917. The beam is a beautiful white, and it's a thrower. The beam shot compares it to a Surefire L6 with an X-binned Lux V LED. The Aleph outthrows the L6.

The light is in very good condition. There are some small pin spots in the anodizing and one on the knurling of the tube that is slightly larger.

Price is $220.$185 $170Price includes shipping add %4 PP

First "I'll take it" without condition and with prompt PayPal gets it.

Last edited:

GVS_Lakers

Banned
Re: For sale: Aleph 1

I really can't believe this classic is still here, this is a great addition to ANY McGizmo collection.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a really nice light. The Downboy 917 drives a premium Luxeon III hard enough to pump out some serious lumens, all focused into a thrower. The beam tint is nice and white and smooth. Not too long ago, this was about as bright as a LuxIII ever got. It could be modded with a newer LED, but this one is still so good I'd wait another LED generation or two.

Don designed the Aleph series to be as solid as a tank and for the light engine to screw out for easy mods. You can also build a number of light engines, all for different uses, and just screw in the one you want for whatever your purpose it.

It's also compatible with Surefire E-series parts, so you can put a clicky on it, if you want.

The carry system is something I don't see much. The light snaps into a slot in the clip and the spring clamp grabs onto your belt or waist band or backpack strap. The swivel allows you to use the light even when it's attached to your belt, but it also detaches quickly from the clap for free use.

The 60 ohm resistor is especially nice because it makes the low beam lower than most lights. I've always thought that most people set a low beam that is too bright. The high beam is pretty awesome for throw, but the low beam is where most of your use come from.

Griff is a good guy to deal with.

To me, this is still one of the most beautiful lights made.

knifebright

Enlightened

I had many many many Alephs before I foolishly sold, gifted and traded away! Don't get me wrong, I Love my PD platform lights but there's something sooo wonderful about the ultimate upgrade-ability of Alephs, bomp proof design and the coolness>>>especially aleph 1's.

I had one of my black aleph 1 heads with the insignia present on the head of Griffs sale light. Folks, these are not the standard fare aleph heads. Small Special Run (confirmed by Cindy at the shop) that had the Aleph/Skunkworks logo/insignia.

May or may not mean anything to anyone but me but ya got to admit its D**M cool!!

Jump on it folks.

jimmy

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

AWESOME LIGHT...!

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are RARE!
I cannot belive it is still here...

Not many were made with the Aleph Logo.

If i werent trying to sell some stuff myself i would have been all over this.

Good luck :)
Benny

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are RARE!
I cannot belive it is still here...

Not many were made with the Aleph Logo.

If i werent trying to sell some stuff myself i would have been all over this.

Good luck :)
Benny

cqbdude

Enlightened
Re: Price adjustment $170 For sale: Aleph 1

The Chassis might be a classic but a quick led change to a Seoul led and this puppy will be a great daily driver.....

And with the great price and the awesome seller, you cant beat it..

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Re: Price adjustment $170 For sale: Aleph 1

Can't believe this is still here! Free BUMP!