SureFire L4 - now updated

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't see this mentioned yet, point me on my way if I'm wrong.

The L4 has finally seen the same kind of treatment as the L5 with the KL5A. The specifications now indicate 100 lumens for 2.5 hours.

This was after I got an email from SureFire entitled "L4 enlisted into duty", so it does look like they are calling attention to an updated version of an "old" model.

This should please the L4 fans :eek: I know there are plenty of you ;)

The product page now also displays a US Army "Team Soldier Certified Gear" logo...does anyone know anything about this?

Regards,
Tempest

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Interesting indeed. A lot will depend on beam-shape I guess ... because there is the E2DL out there ... and this one is a killer for everything but close-range.
Let's hope the L4A (?) will be just as floody as the L4 then ... :popcorn:

bernie

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure they've always listed the runtime of the L4 as 2.5 hours. They said 1 hour of high followed by 1.5 hours of useful light. I'll have to dig out an old catalog to confirm.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SureFire L4 - not updated...my mistake

I'm pretty sure they've always listed the runtime of the L4 as 2.5 hours. They said 1 hour of high followed by 1.5 hours of useful light. I'll have to dig out an old catalog to confirm.

Doh! You're right, the 2007 catalog shows 2.5 hours. I checked the info on SureFire's website again the product specifications on a dealer's website, which claimed 1 hour :ohgeez:

Oops...

Regards,
Tempest

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could one of the mods kindly edit the misleading thread title so I don't confuse everyone :stupid:

Regards,
Tempest

Kiessling

Flashaholic

In the spirit of the old L4 ... the new one should get a P7 :devil: :D :D

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the spirit of the old L4 ... the new one should get a P7 :devil: :D :D

YES it should.....I love mine:whistle::grin2:

003-13.jpg

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the explanation is here :)

I would love to know how much brighter the KL4 is with the P7 still powered
by the normal driver presumably, compared to stock.

It is noticably brighter than the LUX V:cool: still using the stock driver:twothumbs

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I received that e-mail as well. The whole army thing has been discussed here before. Its some sort of military approved flashlights that you can purchase for loved ones, relatives or friends in the military that the armed forces approves of. As for the L4 advertisement I would agree with you on the fact that they are trying to bring attention back to the L4 since they have upgraded it to an L4a. I can't remember the name of the military thing but a quick search on CPF or google will do the job.

H2Orower

Enlightened
...The whole army thing has been discussed here before. Its some sort of military approved flashlights that you can purchase for loved ones, relatives or friends in the military that the armed forces approves of...I can't remember the name of the military thing but a quick search on CPF or google will do the job.

It's the Approved Family of Flashlight (FoF) Program.

As far as the L4 email, I got one too. It might be a coincidence, but I was thinking that I received the email because I just bought an L4 from SF a few weeks ago.

The L4 has not been updated yet, but I was told by SF that an update was coming sometime in Oct-Nov. We'll see. I wasn't willing to hold my breath waiting, so I went ahead and bought before the price increase.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I received the same email and also initially wondered if it had finally been upgraded, but then I noticed that they did not make any mention of a change to the light. SF has been good about clearly noting all significant changes lately, so I concluded that it's just a promo for the old light.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the emitter, everything remains the same...lumens, runtime, dimensions...I don't get it? Can anyone elaborate.

Just a fudge up on my part, as per post #4 :eek: I compared the 2.5 hour runtime on SureFire's website to the 1 hour runtime on a dealer's website :ohgeez:

No update for the L4 quite yet :(

Regards,
Tempest

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Lol tempest. I'm holding off buying a KL4, just to see what this new L4 would be like. I wonder which will be released first.. UA2/UB2 or L4. :popcorn: