New AW in D10

cotter

Newly Enlightened
So I got my D10 about two weeks ago and popped in a regular Energizer AA.
Bright light for the EDC and i really like the smart PD.
When i put it on high i would get a high pitched buzz; nothing that made me frustrated but just noticable.

I got my AW 14500 today and wow...
No buzz, and the light seems so much brighter! I love it!
Sorry, im a noobie, I used to love flashlights as a kid (lost all of them) and now i just have the D10 and a Lumapower D-mini (the old school, not digital).
But the fiending begins! I want to get a real throw monster, i was thinking the DBS V2 because of its waterproofness and upgradability. (Id also like an aespheric mag but having trouble finding). But im confused with all the pills and drop ins... I just want a throw monster, i dont really care for how the beam looks, just want to be able to see something in the woods (or under water).

Anyway, ive bought all of my batteries from AW and i havent had a single problem so thanks AW!

I might have to go get a EX10 because of its size!
When is that new D20 coming out?!:popcorn:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to hear. My D10 knocked the socks of some friends who saw it while I was out camping. They're going to order a few for themselves. :)

Fird

Enlightened
hehe, the DBS should have a decent beam :). The different modules are for different battery sets or user interfaces, you can choose both.

[1, 2, or 3]SD - 18650 lithium powered
multi-click interface for 2 and 3 with mode memory.
[1, or 2]SM - (R)CR123 powered
multi-click interface for 2 with mode memory

Q2 5A LED= warm beam for outdoor spotting
Q5 LED = just plain bright, but cooler beam.

If you don't mind getting into 18650 batteries, go for the 3SD with BOTH reflector options (hey, they're cheap) and the Q2 5A for spotting in the woods.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to hear. My D10 knocked the socks of some friends who saw it while I was out camping. They're going to order a few for themselves. :)

lol, same. He'd never taken it off the mode I set it to for him (about half a seconds ramp from lowest) and afterwards came up to me and was like "this is amazing!!". At the time I thought he was referring to max, and I was like "yeah, it is, isn't it :)"

lol, could have blown his world apart!!!

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Can the AW 14500 be charged in a regular AA battery charger? I have a Duracell 15 minute charger and the Duracell batteries. Do I need a new charger for it? If so, which one would be recommended?

Also I'm thinking about getting either a Jetbeam Jetpro III ST or an Olight M20, which would use 18650's. Which charger do you recommend for charging both the 14500's and the 18650's?

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Can the AW 14500 be charged in a regular AA battery charger? I have a Duracell 15 minute charger and the Duracell batteries. Do I need a new charger for it? If so, which one would be recommended?

Also I'm thinking about getting either a Jetbeam Jetpro III ST or an Olight M20, which would use 18650's. Which charger do you recommend for charging both the 14500's and the 18650's?

To answer the first question, no. You would need a charger made for this type of cell so yes, you would need a new charger for it.

To answer you second question a UltraFire WF-39 would fit your bill just fine.:popcorn: