what do you absolutely love about your light?

ozner1991

Enlightened
its the opposite of the annoyes you thread :crackup:

oke lets hear what you like about your lights:popcorn:

i like my fenixes because of the simple UI and the long runtime on low

Till

Newly Enlightened
I love when my friends think their Mag is a state of the art flashlight and I pull out one of my Surefires that's 1/4 of the size (and so much lighter in weight) and blow them and their Maglites away with it.

Of course, no matter how many times they've seen the dramatic difference in output and beam quality, they still think I'm an idiot for paying $100 for a flashlight.

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
They are getting:

1. Brighter
  2. Smaller
  3. Lighter
  4. Although not any cheaper, unfortunately :ohgeez:
At least, that's what I look for whenever I see something interesting. Moreover, I have them strategically stashed so that they are pretty much always available, at work or at home.

My only "toy" light is M6's, but even that fits my criteria (loosely) as compared to my Mags (a couple of them are over 10 years old).

With Aloha,

Clarence

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
I love when my friends think their Mag is a state of the art flashlight and I pull out one of my Surefires that's 1/3 of the size (and so much lighter in weight) and blow them and their Maglites away with it.

Of course, despite how hard I've tried before to explain the difference, they still think I'm an idiot for paying $100 for a flashlight.
+1

the size vs output/throw.
e1b's pocket-ability & the clip.

BenjiBot

Enlightened
I'll bite. My EDC is a Milky modded Novatac 120P with a TIR optic. It gives a really focussed, tight spot (which I love), combined with the intuitive Novatac's multi-mode UI. Great package, suits most of my everyday needs to a tee. My backup is the EX10, which gives me useful spill, should I need it.

My long ranger thrower/fun light is currently a 3 cell Mag with the KD aspheric/P5 LED combo (plus GITD inlay) and Kiu's VL bezel with additional glow spots. Not exactly useful as an everyday light, put I love being able to put that perfect square of light on a long-range target. Always gets comments from friends expecting the standard Mag output too.

Lastly, I just put together a rechargeable SF M6 light using Fivemega's bi-pin adaptor and 3X17670 battery holder. What an elegant solution to the expense of running the M6 on 6XC123, his work is beautifully engineered. The beam is noticeably brighter, I get a little less than twice the runtime and the light is literally blinding. Guess what, I love it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I carry a tiny aeon or Raw NS on my keychain. I always have a very bright light that can run all night on low if needed,

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
- L0D Bright small dependable multi level
- NovaTac interface, low-low, my programming limits me to 3 levels, but they are perfect for an 85P.
- TK11 - bright, 18650 cell
- CLH1 v2 - feels right in the hand, 18650 cell
- BitZ - beam, knurling(the best I've seen/felt), smoothest twisty
- P1D - Wow in a small package
- P1D w/Leef - Wow with a clicky
- P1 - simple operation, and even smaller than P1D
- L1D/T & L2D/T - AA batteries
- P3D w/PEU tube - Wow, and great ergonomics, the PEU tub is my favorit anti-roll grip-ring design.
- L2x/P3D Rebel lights - they really are better outdoors
- Flash Crazy P4 Coast HokusFocus - WOW WOW, standard batteries, size, beam
- E1B w/Z68 - Nice, simple, good ergo with Z68

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I love when my friends think their Mag is a state of the art flashlight and I pull out one of my Surefires that's 1/4 of the size (and so much lighter in weight) and blow them and their Maglites away with it.

Of course, no matter how many times they've seen the dramatic difference in output and beam quality, they still think I'm an idiot for paying $100 for a flashlight.

Same here!!!
But a lot of my friends wish they could drop that much change on such an expecsive flashlight...

but i(and anyone else on his site) will know that it's worth it!!!:thumbsup:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I love my Power On Board HID's laser like beam and laser like throw. When I shine it up in the sky the blue beam just goes up forever and doesn't appear to diverge. It puts a bright spot on cloud bases at 2500 feet and higher. When I shine it at trees 1/2 a mile away it puts a bright spot on them. and lights trees at 3/4 of a mile away. I love how Maxabeam like it is and its laser beam/super bright hotspot that throws so far.

I also love my 3mcp Brinkmann Qbeam Max Million III for its extreme output and pencil beam which throws at least 1/2 a mile, and I like its appearance as a giant black pistol grip spotlight similar to the LightForce SL240 Blitz.

I really like my 150 lumen Task Force for being so small yet having over twice the throw of my 4D Maglite and being over 3 times brighter.

Metatron

Banned
I love my Power On Board HID's laser like beam and laser like throw. When I shine it up in the sky the blue beam just goes up forever and doesn't appear to diverge. It puts a bright spot on cloud bases at 2500 feet and higher. When I shine it at trees 1/2 a mile away it puts a bright spot on them. and lights trees at 3/4 of a mile away. I love how Maxabeam like it is and its laser beam/super bright hotspot that throws so far.

I also love my 3mcp Brinkmann Qbeam Max Million III for its extreme output and pencil beam which throws at least 1/2 a mile, and I like its appearance as a giant black pistol grip spotlight similar to the LightForce SL240 Blitz.

I really like my 150 lumen Task Force for being so small yet having over twice the throw of my 4D Maglite and being over 3 times brighter.
are you not concerned about blinding the shuttle pilots, causing houston some upset?:p

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the ones I use the most:

Bitz - small size and nice wide hotspot.
Ra Twisty - build quality and simple UI
McLux III PD-S - build quailty, aesthetics and piston drive

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SuperFire 501B - The cheapest ($9), yet serviceably-well made p60 host.

ROV Sportsman Extreme - Warm color tint and beam smoothness, twist cap reliability woth forward momentary.

Eveready 1AA - B&M availability, shirt clip, forward momentary clicky, aggressive knurl/grip surface, warm color tint, smooth beam, 40 Lumens is perfect balance between brightness and run time for general around the house use. "Tactical" look and feel without the tactical price.

6P -
Paul Kim - "Thank you for calling Surefire, my name is Paul how can I help you?"

Me - "Hi Paul, thanks for making the most kick-*** flashlights in the world!! I got a chunk of some punks jaw wedged in the bezel of my 6P, can you guys send me a new one?"

Paul Kim - "Sure, It sounds like you need the strike bezel model from the 6PD, would you like that instead?"
:clap::twothumbs

Task Force - Very efficient Fraen optic, the whole light can be dis-assembled, no glue anywhere.

T.O.P. Stryker - SOLID / heavy thick construction, thick satin anodize, Better side reaching flood than my 6P, asian P60 host thats not a blatant ripoff of Surefire. Feels heavier, heftier and more solid than my Surefire.

Romisen RC-N3-Q5 - Bright, small, throws with decent flood, forward momentary, GITD switch, Q5-WC brightness and color tint, outstanding Shiningbeam service, ~90-100 Lumens off a single CR123.

Romisen RC-C3 - Excelent floody beam, good size to Lumens ratio, simple UI, reliable twist-switch.

Gerber Tempo - $10, Nichia-marathon runner, about 7-8 Lumens of regulated Nichia flood for a solid 6 hours followed by 2-3 more hours of candle low-mode.

AA minimag & nite-ize 3LED module - Cheap and USA made (two things that never seem to go together), long running & decently well regulated, 10 Lumens of near-flood.

4D maglite
- :twak:

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Muyshondt Aeon

Size, output, simplicity, design, and amazing build quality.

Strarted back in 1994 with a pair of Surefire 9N's, fast forward
hundreds of lights later, and the Aeon is IMO the pinnacle of lights.

But PLEASE don't tell my Beast II since they are buds! :sssh:

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
Peak Pacific P4 sp - regulated-boost circuit, runs on anything that can dish
out 0.9v up to 4.2v with a crazy lego system...
button cells/aa/aaa/n/cr2/li-on 14500.. etc...
have mine modded to run with 2 levels - twist head for constant high, press
tailcap momentary for low. low is adjustable using homebrew resistor pills.

high is just under 200 lumens on 4.2v(dd) and about 100
lumens on nimh AA(boost+regulation). custom low mode is ~10 lumens.

Body is HAIII black, head and tailswitch are brass.

since doing the dual mode mod, it has bested my EX10 for edc tasks.