Muyshondt Aeon

teslaguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. This is my first post here.
I've been happy with my Arc LS1 and SF E2e for quite a while now but decided it was time to take advantage of the advances in LED tech since 2002. I really like the Ra Clicky, but it is quite long compared to the LS1, which easily fits in the small inner right hand pocket of my jeans. I am intrigued by the Aeon, which is really small but supposedly produces 114 lumens for 1.5 hours. Does anyone have an idea of how the Aeon compares to a Clicky/Twisty? The extra levels and burst features of the Ra are cool, but do not offset the size advantage of the Aeon for me.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! I think you may have already answered some of your questions/thoughts. I don't have a Aeon but I do have several of Endeavor's lights including the Cr2 sized. We all have been involved in the eternal search for the "perfect" light--one with great runtimes, small size and infinite variability of light output. Everything is a bit of a trade-off and many of us spend considerable amounts of time and money in our search to see where we can "afford" the compromises.

These two lights represent some of the very finest lights of their size on the market (or soon to be for the Ra Clickey). The Aeon as you know created by Endeavor and the Ra by Henry Sneiker. It's personal preference but since you seem to lean toward the smaller Aeon (which is as well, more of a "custom" or semi-custom light), you might well try it out for a period before you decide to go onto the next (if need be) and the one after that. Maybe you will hit the lotto with the first one you choose but I doubt it. I suggest that each light is a very personal choice and those same preferences can and do change from time to time. You will not be disappointed in either.

Read on, there will be many others with their opinions as well.....don't forget to keep the light on....:candle:

Karl

h2oflyer

Enlightened
You might want to look at the BitZ.

I really wanted a Nautilus or Aeon.

Went with BitZ because of CPF reviews and $135 cost.

Still want to get an Aeon, but will have to go money order
method as wife is starting to check the Visa statement.

EXCELLENT build quality on the BitZ.

da.gee

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with the Aeon or any of Enrique's other lights. They have a sterling reputation here. I have a Nautilus and it is my EDC. As others mentioned the BitZ seems also to be a fine light. I haven't been keeping up on the Ra but it seems to be a popular choice.

Personally I am keeping an eye on the the Dereelight offering that is due sometime in September. The C2H looks very interesting with a variety of battery options. I don't see any indication of size but the battery options lead me to believe it should be very pocketable. Excellent products from Dereelight and a good value.

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason to go with the Aeon is because the form factor is so important, you're willing to pay more for fewer features/modes. For me, easy choice -- I was after high performance in a tiny form factor, and the Aeon seems like the best compromise. I also have a Novatac, which I'll carry in a jacket pocket or briefcase, but the Aeon is about my limit as far as pants pocket carry.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and the Aeon spends more time with me than my Twisty because it is considerably smaller than the Twisty and it has an unbelievable beam for such a small light. It's runtime on high is comparable and its runtime on low is simply fantastic as well.

I also read a blog on Enrique's website where he put the Aeon through quite a bit of torture and it proved to be a very reliable design. I don't thing that it will take as much of a beating as the Ra, but it clearly will take more abuse than any EDC will see.

The Aeon is a tough light to compete with

When I go backpacking, I don't mind the extra size of the Twisty and I bring it over the Aeon due to the larger battery and the out of this world durability.

I can't wait for the Clicky! I still don't anticipate that it will take the place of the Aeon in my pocket but it promises to be possibly the finest overall light made... at least in my opinion.

If there ever were a "buy 'em both situation" this is it.