Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting either an Olight M20 or a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST. Although the M20 seems better, I'm leaning towards the Jetbeam because of it's smaller size. I plan on carrying it as an EDC.

Any reviews would be nice, and pics with beamshots would be great.

Thanks

shomie911

Enlightened
Re: Has anyone received a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST?

The M20 is way smaller than it looks in the pictures.

I just got mine and it's a great light, so far it's the best light and best designed light I've ever had.

You would not be disapointed.

Zenster

Enlightened

I just got my Jet III Pro ST and love it. It's a nice compact form factor and it compares to any of the other Q5 lights I have in brightness overall.

It's more of a thrower than a flooder, even though I ordered it with the OP reflector.
I don't have the other light mentioned so I can't really help with a direct comparison, although I'd say that the Pro ST has a very similar beam to my Q5 CL1H on high.
Of course, the Pro ST can be programmed to be any setting on the three steps where the CL1H has fixed settings. So that's a JetBeam ST advantage overall, but not huge since the CL1H uses very sensible brightness settings.

JKL

Enlightened

I'm thinking about getting either an Olight M20 or a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST. Although the M20 seems better, I'm leaning towards the Jetbeam because of it's smaller size. I plan on carrying it as an EDC.

Any reviews would be nice, and pics with beamshots would be great.

Thanks

icon2.gif
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2616646&postcount=146

Last edited:

primox1

Newly Enlightened

Both the M20 and ST seem to be great lights, and very useful, however, how are the CS and warranty from their respective companies? For me, that's the deal maker/breaker. What good is the light if the company cant stand behind it for more than 30 days?
I've been hearing not so good comments about Olight. And with Jetbeam...no idea.

Thoughts?

Gator762

Enlightened

I'm looking at both lights too as I enter into the foray of LiIon... I just ordered a Pila IBC charger. I asked about the Olight warranty in another thread, and MattK from BatteryJunction chimed in. Said the review may be under review at Olight. I hope we get we get some kind of response from Olight, as I am sooo close to ordering one. :whistle:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

I asked about the Olight warranty in another thread, and MattK from BatteryJunction chimed in. Said the review may be under review at Olight. I hope we get we get some kind of response from Olight, as I am sooo close to ordering one. :whistle:

Same here! :thumbsup:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Jet III Pro ST is actually bigger than it looks in pictures and the M20 is smaller than it looks in pictures. The body of the Jet III is pretty wide.

I'll take a couple pictures of them side by side later today if I can remember.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check this thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206972

The Jet III ST does appear to be quite fat compared to a P3D or something 25mm vs. 20mm approx), and the length appears to be almost identical to a P3D with PEU 3 cell Body or a 2AA light like the L2D, so it's longer than many like an EDC to be.

I'm not sure why it is so big, but I'm liking it for the 18650 and I'm sure I'll end up with one soon just for fun.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

I took some with Jet III ST and M20, and some with Jet III ST and P3D (R100). Let's see how they come out. :popcorn:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

received mine today.
some photos - The JB ST always on the left.
The JB with AW 18650.
The Olight with AW 17670.
The L mini with AW 18650.
The iTPLight C9 with AW rcr123.
The JB ST is definitely brighter among these.
thumbsup.gif

4stoogesCustom.jpg

4stooges2Custom.jpg

JB ST vs L mini with UCL + Dereelight 5 modes 1.2A driver.
JBSTvsLminiCustom.jpg

JB ST vs Olight T20M
JBSTvsOlightT20MCustom.jpg

JB ST vs iTPLight C9 + UCL.
JBSTvsiTPC9Custom.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check this thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206972

The Jet III ST does appear to be quite fat compared to a P3D or something 25mm vs. 20mm approx), and the length appears to be almost identical to a P3D with PEU 3 cell Body or a 2AA light like the L2D, so it's longer than many like an EDC to be.

I'm not sure why it is so big, but I'm liking it for the 18650 and I'm sure I'll end up with one soon just for fun.

I own an ST and yeah, it is wider than it looks but that being said, it really is a Slim Tube (hence ST) design as the head and the body are the same diameter, it fits in your jeans pocket comfortably and it's got great 'hand feel' if you know what i mean, just feels rugged and tough.

It can be retrofitted with an assault crown if you want to go that route.

I like it cos of the UI and i've tested the max output (using active cooling, i.e dunked it in mug of water and left it on) and got 1hr 45 minutes or so before the protection circuit cut in and the light went off. Figure i'll get much better runtimes on lower modes and realistically, who needs max except in emergencies?

Min output (from Jetbeam's website) is supposed to be 150 hours, way good enough for me man.