Sanyo Extends the "Eneloop Universe" with Nifty Products (i.e. portable solar light)

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sanyo Extends the "Eneloop Universe" with Nifty Products (i.e. portable solar lig

Colour me unimpressed.
We want other cell types. Trying to cash in on the brand with silly cheap products such as handwarmers is a lame way of making an extra buck.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Re: Sanyo Extends the "Eneloop Universe" with Nifty Products (i.e. portable solar lig

thanks for the find, i kinda like the solar panel one, kinda reminds me of the bogo lights, except this one looks more versital....

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anything that indicates additional investment, R&D in Eneloops is good news, imho.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

Colour me unimpressed.
We want other cell types. Trying to cash in on the brand with silly cheap products such as handwarmers is a lame way of making an extra buck.

I do not mean to be negative, but I agree. I have been waiting for Sanyo to make these in larger sizes.

Marduke

Flashaholic

They were so close to having a DECENT solar charger capable of charging AA's or AAA's. Oh well, the wait for such an item continues...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

If that solar panel in the picture uses crystalline silicon cells - the kind that look like chunks of shattered glass - I might buy it. If it uses the crappy amorphous cells like they use in calculators, I'm out. The crystalline cells are far more efficient and will likely provide some usable charge/discharge times.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Thanks for the link. Filibuster. Very interesting.

Ok, I've done a quick search on the "HIT" solar cell and apparently it's achieving a 21% conversion efficiency, which is excellent. There's a Sanyo article on the technology here and a paper about it from the ubergeeks at IEEE here. If the performance is actually meeting their claims, this could be a big deal.