New member and (yep) a Surefire owner

SnWnMe

Enlightened
After lurking and reading here for a few days and searching teh interwebz for flashlight info I decided that I want Surefires. Via E Bay, I sprung for a 6PL for my work EDC and an E1L for off duty EDC. The 6P rides in my carryall belt pouch along with my LM Wave while my E1L rides in my front pocket.
Anyway, am very happy with my lights. They're a perfect balance of run time, features and brightness vs money/ purpose. It seems that the general word about SF quality that I got from research here is spot on (Thank you).

Prior to these SFs the fanciest light I had was/is my 6D S&W "Beam of Truth" which I use for inspecting my equipment and spaces onboard the US warship that I serve on. I don't think I will retire the big light just yet but my 15 y.o. AA Maglite that is my work EDC can finally retire to my garage workbench. Back to the point, using a Surefire after years of Maglites is like trading up to a Lexus after a lifetime of Corollas. While for most, a light is a light, there is something to be said about a well crafted, precision machined (with matching price tag) tool. It's the same feeling one gets when he/she wields a Sig vice a Hi Point.

Anyway, now I have sub compact and compact lights the only niche I need to fill is for a slightly bigger light for my nightstand to replace my 3D Maglite.

We don't have a no pics no Surefires rule here do we? :wave:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Surefire lights are great Have you tried FENIX lights yet:grin2:
Sorry sorry just haveing some fun :welcome:

SnWnMe

Enlightened
I seriously considered the TK11 during my decision phase. It seems to be a very well made light and the price:features ratio is definitely better than SF but the fact that I can try 6Ps in my LGS swayed me towards Surefire. I also considered the Novatac 120E which many here seem to like, for my sub compact EDC but I figured I may as well stick to one brand.

EV_007

Enlightened
First time I heard of Surefire was in an ad in a magazine. I've seen the ads and some LEO carry them and told myself that I'll have to get one one of these days.

Then I was at a sporting goods store tht had some on hand. I bought one and an extra bulb and a box of Surefire batteries and hve not stopping acquiring/playing with them since.

The legoability and quality control besting most fauxations is what keeps me a loyal customer.

sappyg

Enlightened
welcome to CPF... congradulations on your new SF's. i like them too.
if you want a bigger light to replace the mag. you may want to consider the 9P or the C3. i would be happy with either but i really like thet C3. hint hint....
they will both give you more power and or longer run time and are easily modded with addtional dropins.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
I am leaning towards SF's multi output offerings for my nightstand light so I'll probably look into the L2 or maybe even the U2 Ultra :naughty:

This is worse than my other hobbies. I can at least ride my bicycle anytime.:huh: