q about fenix combo deal L1D+E01

raven2000

Newly Enlightened
So i saw this deal, for $50(after discount), it meets my budget, and i was thinking about getting the E01 AND another AA torch anyway. So this means that i will get the L1D for $35.
Anyway, the questions are:
1-I know this L1D isn't Q5, what does it use?
2-For $35, this is the best i can get right? Im worried that because its old tech, i may not be getting the best deal !~!~! This is rated at 90 lumens in high mode, while the q5 is 120 lumens. How will "MF DA1 cree Q5(shiningbeam)" compare to it? (its rated at 120 lumens). I mean, firstly is it even really 120 lumens, and will 30 lumens make a big difference !~!~!~!

Anyway, thanks for helping me in my dilemma. This is the 3rd torch in the past two weeks since i discovered flashaholicism.(what do you call it lol)

Marduke

Flashaholic
It uses at least a Cree XR-E P4 bin. However, the P4 bins are actually in somewhat of a short supply these days, and most of the "lower bin" Cree's being sold in bulk are actually Q2-Q4 bins. So, there is a good chance you will get something better than the minimum guaranteed.

And no, that lumen difference is not that much to the human eye, and will appear very small. You would have to have both lights side by side to notice the difference.