Surefire E3e?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Surefire has a three cell version E3e light or will be having one in their line. I was browsing through the Lumens Factory LA offerings on Lighthound and saw the EO-E2R for using two RCR 123's. The description also said the EO-E2R can be used in the E3 with two 17500 cells. :huh: Anybody have an idea?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have never released a three-SF123A E-Series body, and since they didn't make a "9V" incandescent Lamp Assembly for the E-Series, and have long since stopped developing incandescent lamps, they never will.

I seriously doubt SureFire will ever release a three-SF123A body E-Series body for their LED bezels. They offer the G3L which I believe they consider sufficient to cover this section of the market.

allthumbs

Newly Enlightened
I`ve got one. Surefire E series head, Vital Gear FB3 body, Five Mega E series bulb socket, Streamlight TL3 bulb, and 2 AW 17500 batteries or 3 primarys.
Or you could use a E2 body with a 1 cell extender from J S Burly :cool:

ugrey

Enlightened
If my memory is correct, SureFire made one or more experimental E3e s. I have seen a picture of one on this board. I have also seen a picture of a turbo head version of an E3e. Some of the saddest words in the english language are " What might have been" and "If only".

Size15's

Flashaholic
If my memory is correct, SureFire made one or more experimental E3e s. I have seen a picture of one on this board. I have also seen a picture of a turbo head version of an E3e. Some of the saddest words in the english language are " What might have been" and "If only".
If you've seen an "E3e" then you've seen something I've not.
Perhaps you've care to share the link?

I've seen several proto-type 2AA bodies over the years. These were made for AA batteries only, not SF123A batteries as well.

I don't recall ever having seen a SureFire proto-type E-Series three-SF123A body.

ugrey

Enlightened
I have 3 pictures I saved to my computer. I just looked at them. The turbo head is held in someones hand pointed at a door with peeling paint. The joke was it was so powerful it could peel paint. There is no writing on the body. I understood maybe Don McLeish owned both of these. The non turbo head E3e has "Executive Elite E3e" printed on the body. Both lights appear to be HA. Al, does this not ring any bells for you? It is above my skill level to post pictures. I am sure someone else should have these. I remember seeing them many times and in several threads.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 pictures I saved to my computer. I just looked at them. The turbo head is held in someones hand pointed at a door with peeling paint. The joke was it was so powerful it could peel paint. There is no writing on the body. I understood maybe Don McLeish owned both of these. The non turbo head E3e has "Executive Elite E3e" printed on the body. Both lights appear to be HA. Al, does this not ring any bells for you? It is above my skill level to post pictures. I am sure someone else should have these. I remember seeing them many times and in several threads.

If you email them to me I'll post them for you :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'd be happy to post them also and will PM my email if you wish. Let me know because I'm curious too.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's ugrey's photo:

my.php
e3era6.jpg

Thanks for sharing :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

ugrey

Enlightened
I have another photo of the turbo head E3e in a group of other flashlights and I cannot figure out how to Email it. It is in a different format, as is the picture of the non TH E3e. Be patient with me I am learning things today. Thanks Tempest.

Guys, I think we finally found something made by SureFire Al has not seen. I am SHOCKED!

I actually think he has just forgotten this.

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's ugrey's photo:

my.php
e3era6.jpg

Thanks for sharing :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

That's really neat! It looks kind of like a mini M4 Devastator but with a clip. I really wish these types of offerings were a reality instead of a "only a prototype, show the world just to see what will never be, not a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting one" type of deal. I guess that's why I am more and more drawn towards custom modders. At least, I can get what I want, even if I have to pay more for it. At least the types of lights I'm describing and wanting exist instead of being virtually vaporware. :(

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The one in the hand labelled "E3e" is a photoshop.
Regarding the proto-type Don has with the 'TurboHead' - I stand corrected - I just checked and I already have those photos. I still don't remember much about it... Sorry.
(I'm not sure which lamp it used though)