the future of lights.....

ozner1991

Enlightened
many years thousands of years B.C. man used fire to iluminate what ever they needed:candle:

after several thousands of years man discoverd that oil lamp and kept using it.

afther that the incandecent lightbulb was made.

a few centuries later there was fluorecent lighting, leds, HID to

we all remeber when maglite was the flashlight but now with all the new types of mods and leds what do you think is the next step in lighting technology

i mean not so long ago we were happy with a light as maglite and now we can blow it away with an $50 light so whats next with making us go OOOOOO :eek:oo:

aussiebob

Enlightened
My grandfather still uses his old kerosens lamp for working in his shed when its dark, theres no power down there, hes not a fan of technology.

I dont think you can predict the future of lights, years and years ago it would be thought to be imposible to have a tiny light the size of a finger putting out more light than a huge oil burner.

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
what we need is a flashaholic who's a mega billionaire, so he/she could spend the money to make an Area51 of Flashlights. At this rate we wont have a commercially available Maxablaster or 1000w HID for another 200yrs. :ironic:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
what we need is a flashaholic who's a mega billionaire, so he/she could spend the money to make an Area51 of Flashlights. At this rate we wont have a commercially available Maxablaster or 1000w HID for another 200yrs. :ironic:

Now that's exactly what we need! I think i will send Bill Gates one of my HDS lights to get him going:D

superflytnt

Enlightened
I'm perfectly happy with the brightness of modern pocket torches so what I want them to work on is the power source!

I'll die a happy man if I die with a fusion powered light in my pocket or some other power source that only needs to be changed out every 10 years or so.........................

Mdinana

Enlightened
I agree! It's power source that probably limits development of many things, lights included.

I saw a picture once of a potato plant that had the gene from fireflies put in at germination. The entire plant glowed. So, maybe the future is my butt, like the glorious firefly, will glow as I'm attracting mates. Won't the nightclubs and bars be fun then?:D

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe in the future, the eugenicists will genetically modify humans so that they can see into the IR spectrum.

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
or maybe our government will come out with this new light source and put it all over the place so that there is no use for flashlights anymore... and then all the flashlight companies will go out of business.............. I hope not...

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see an implant that is powered from the body's own metabolism. This implant should be able to take P60 lamp assemblies so I can always drop in the latest.
I imagine it would be great way to burn extra calories, too.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
or maybe our government will come out with this new light source and put it all over the place so that there is no use for flashlights anymore... and then all the flashlight companies will go out of business.............. I hope not...

That will never happen, if it did all the flashaholic would unite and takedown the government:twak::rock:.

liquidsix

Enlightened
There will be some sort of device which, when activated, will illuminate your surroundings. It won't be directional, have a spot, or cast shadows, light will just simply be as if it was emmited from the your surroundings at a comfortable viewing level. I call this device the Ambientigator!

But before that! There will be special spectacles that you can wear that can amplify all light across the spectrum and feed back to you in a full color screen, adjusting the images by taking into account the focus of your eyes. I call these reverse sunglasses (or NVG of the future?).

liquidsix

Enlightened
I'd like to see an implant that is powered from the body's own metabolism. This implant should be able to take P60 lamp assemblies so I can always drop in the latest.
I imagine it would be great way to burn extra calories, too.

Wouldn't that be cool if there was an implant or something you wear which had a power port and used the calories in our bodies to power whatever device was hooked up to it? Like a cell phone? Imagine how much thinner and lighter cell phones could be if they need high capacity batteries because they can be readily charged by our bodies at any time. I'd hook my reverse sunglasses up to that!

300winmag

Enlightened
I seen on the discovery channel a guy who makes flashlights that are powered by the rocks in front of the local Denny's restaurant :paypal::paypal:

ozner1991

Enlightened
I seen on the discovery channel a guy who makes flashlights that are powered by the rocks in front of the local Denny's restaurant

you have an link for youtube or something? i want to see this :popcorn:

300winmag

Enlightened
No, never really thought about it. I'll check tonight.
There was also a guy who powered his house with some kinda new generator his team made but it's so good that it will create a s**t storm if it is ever marketed so the government constantly refuses a patent or license and all that.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's exactly what we need! I think i will send Bill Gates one of my HDS lights to get him going:D

He'll reverse engineer it. It'll take about 1:23 to turn on. Freeze up before it goes to the next level. It'll put out 100lm for about 4 mins then blink while it thinks and crashes.

You need to send an HDS to Virgin's CEO Branson. He's adventurous I'm sure he'll put the HDS to good use and then pour his riches in to making his own brand of amazing flashlights.