Good LED's under $30?

rockz4532

Enlightened
i havent seen this posted before, but, what is a good LED flashlight under 30$ that is available at target or walmart or lowes. i would perfer one that uses aa or aaa batteries.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova's are the highest quality flashlight you find at target I know that and they have a few under thirty bucks. Sorry don't have a walmart or lowes nearby.

rockz4532

Enlightened
I have tried the x1 and was not impressed, the momentary switch takes a really strong thumb to use, and it, with a 2 watt led, is dimmer than my riverrock 1w:mad:, and the 2aaa bolt is the same led.

rockz4532

Enlightened
i saw the coleman at walmart too, but i didnt get it because i didnt think coleman was such a good brand, but ill consider it!:grin2:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, the words "quality", "good" and "cheap" don't generally belong in the same sentence, especially in a B&M store. For your budget however, it's a decent light.

The 2xAA Duracell Daylite at WalMart might also be worth a look.

Both lights use modern, efficient, bright LED's.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I strongly recommend against AAA and AA lights if runtime is important to you. A good $30 light is the 150 lumen Task Force "60X Brighter" 2C LED flashlight from Lowes. It illuminates objects 200 yards away, and is many times brighter than a Maglite (and much brighter than my $25 115 lumen 3AAA Coleman MAX from Walmart.). It also stays at full brightness for a few hours. I am really happy with mine!

Marduke

Flashaholic
AA lights are fine, 3xAAA lights are the ones to avoid like the plague.

NiMH rechargable cells give you the best performance.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*

+1 about using NIMH rechargeables. I have a 6AAA spotlight that eats right through a fresh set of alkaline batteries in about 10 minutes, but with my NIMH AA's it stays at full brightness for about 30 minutes.:thumbsup:

rockz4532

Enlightened

i would agree, 3aaa lights come with a carrier for the batteries, i usually break them, and 3c is okay with me, but im looking for a flashlight i can carry with me in my pocket, so 3c seems a bit big

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
i would agree, 3aaa lights come with a carrier for the batteries, i usually break them, and 3c is okay with me, but im looking for a flashlight i can carry with me in my pocket, so 3c seems a bit big

The Task Force is a small 2C and will fit in your pocket. However, it is a bit bulky compared to AA and AAA lights. It comes with Duracell batteries and a belt holster.

rockz4532

Enlightened
The Task Force is a small 2C and will fit in your pocket. However, it is a bit bulky compared to AA and AAA lights. It comes with Duracell batteries and a belt holster.

Well i could, but there are smaller lights, and i dont necessarily need the sun in my pocket:cool:.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah if you're looking for the real bargains, you should order from kd/xd. Of course quality often varies, but they both have free shipping and some pretty decent lights, usually better quality than anything you find in a mega store.
Also check out shiningbeam.com, they offer some very nice lights with upgraded leds at very affordable prices. I know the romisen rc-n3 with a q5 is quite a favorite around here as far as budget lights and I think it runs for about 25 with shipping.
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-53/Romisen-RC-dsh-N3-CREE-Q5/Detail
the code "CPFuser" gets you a 6% discount on everything.

rockz4532

Enlightened
Yeah if you're looking for the real bargains, you should order from kd/xd. Of course quality often varies, but they both have free shipping and some pretty decent lights, usually better quality than anything you find in a mega store.
Also check out shiningbeam.com, they offer some very nice lights with upgraded leds at very affordable prices. I know the romisen rc-n3 with a q5 is quite a favorite around here as far as budget lights and I think it runs for about 25 with shipping.
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-53/Romisen-RC-dsh-N3-CREE-Q5/Detail
the code "CPFuser" gets you a 6% discount on everything.

looks like a steal for 25 bucks, how is the quality?
Now i carry the 1AA Riverrock 1W for everyday carry

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I hear, Romisen is one of the best built budget lights you can get. So the RC-N3 Q5 would be a really good choice. Look at around 90-100 lumen out the front with 2 AA batteries.

:welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
They won't be as bright as the RC-N3 but I've heard that they are good quality. I don't know how it compares quality wise to the Romisen lights(probably better quality for the Inova).

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah romisen one of the best budget brands and the nice thing ppl like about shining beam, or so I've heard, havent purchases from them yet myself, is that they test everything before sending it to you, so you dont get defects the way you sometimes do with stuff from dx. I'd say my normal rc-n3 is about 90 lumens tho so I would assume the q5 is over that. However the rc-n3 is definitely a great single mode light.