Any flashlight shops in Sydney Australia?

progene

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, im kinda new to this forum...and to the flashlight world too...is there any beginner's section in this forum? or something like 'flashlight for dummies' section...:grin2:

So i just ordered an Nitecore EX10, after reading the good reviews on this forum (very helpful indeed :whistle:)...it seems that EX10 is one of the popular ones...:p

anyway, would like to know if there is any flashlight shops in Sydney, Australia that is worth having a look at?

Thanks!

Jonny

raven2000

Newly Enlightened
Well- I dunno about sydney, but there are some online Australian ones. I personally cant be bothered going to the shops to buy an overpriced flashlight.Anyway:

www.Extremetorches.com.au -like someone said, take a look. 5% discount available.
www.Cutter.com.au -Australian. 5% discount available.
www.southern-lights.com.au -5% discount for orders over $50
www.ledtorches.com.au - I recommend this one if you can find something you want. I think they're decent prices, haven't checked the whole store, but i bought a fenix e01 for $14.95 and it had free shipping. Most stuff has free shipping. Anyway be sure to compare their prices with other stores they might not be the cheapest.

Rob187

Enlightened
progene

There aren't any retail flashlight only shops that I am aware of.

Quarterflash and extremetorches are the only Sydney based web retailers.

I recommend both.

Off topic: There is going to be a Sydney get together in late Nov 2008 - look in the off topic get together forum - come along and see what other Aust CPFers have...

Rob

Rob187

Enlightened
BTW, welcome to CPF!

Have a look at the CPF Wiki to get a bit of background info.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert but I am happy to talk to you about what's what in the flashlight world. Send me a PM if you like.

Rob

Last edited:

Haz

Enlightened
I use to go to Gowings, they had a small selection of lights. But they were pretty expensive compared to online stores. These days i'm happy to shop from overseas online stores. Most of the time, including shipping, it's still much less, over half in most cases compared to retail stores here, not to mention the limited selection here.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.torchworld.com.au is another one, Melbourne though. I picked up goods a few times from his residence.
You get a free chupa chup with every delivery too from torchworld. Probably not internationally. There is a discount except I'm not sure how you get the discount. Every order I made recently has a discount applied to the total but not sure how that comes about.

progene

Newly Enlightened
Wow thanks guys.....but its kinda sad that Australian shops only carries certain brand, not the others...
sometimes i wish i was born in somewhere else...LOL

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow thanks guys.....but its kinda sad that Australian shops only carries certain brand, not the others...
what brand did you want/need?? or would you like some pointers? - because its cheaper to buy in oz for some things just now - have you looked at the exchange rate lately -
for example $155AU is $125US then you have postage - just a thought :wave:

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome I live in the UK,but get all my flashlights from USA/China,as we have the same problem also the prices here go through the roof. :(

radiopej

Enlightened
I found a place with torches! Active Merchandise is a stall in Paddy's Markets, Haymarket. They're there every Wed and Sat.

They had Fenix, Olight, Nitecore and Coast. May have had Spark.

They also carried Opinel, fixed-blade Benchmade and some other brands. The price is a bit higher for some items (Olight i3S is $40), but 1) everything nice costs more here and 2) the $25 online costs I've seen don't include delivery, so it's about $32 from online.

I've never seen so many in one place. I'm excited!