Any titanium incandescent xenon/halogen flashlights?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Back when the LED's were quite inefficient and generating significant heat when driven at max, I felt Ti was not a good choice of material. I used to hound PK for a Ti incandescent light and he agreed that a Ti light would be cool. When SF came out with the A2, I was convinced it was the ideal candidate for Ti. PK agreed and said he would look into doing a couple of them. He got my hopes up but never did I see one. I asked him about a Ti A2 at one point and he mentioned that he did do a couple and that he and Dr. John M. each had one. The guy is a Major Weenie! :D Unless he was bustin' my huevos, there is such an animal but I never saw it.

I can't recall the model name but StreamLight came out with a cool rechargeable incan a few years back?!? (Strion?) I remember getting one and in addition to modding it to host a LED (something I started and never finished) I thought it would be a nice light to replicate in Ti.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, might as well make it the best possible.. a regulated 9 volt A2 (A3?) with titanium body and a slightly larger reflector. Probably would have to regulate the bulb around 6-6.5V in order to get 85% or so out of three batteries.

Surefire's new titanium A3!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Titanium incan flashlights would be awesome. Especially something like a Vital Gear 3 made out of titanium. Or a Surefire E2e/E3e type light. Much tougher than aluminum, but not much heavier. And it's an incan, so the poor heat transmission of titanium compared to aluminum is not an issue!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to own a Titanium A2 or U2. These are my favorite lights that I own in aluminum.

Or even an all Titanium leef 2x18500 + leef grip + SRTH + Z41 with AW softstart. :thumbsup:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, might as well make it the best possible.. a regulated 9 volt A2 (A3?) with titanium body and a slightly larger reflector. Probably would have to regulate the bulb around 6-6.5V in order to get 85% or so out of three batteries.

Surefire's new titanium A3!
Dude, people would kill for such an animal...

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been pining for a Ti SF A2 for some time now but never thought :thinking: to check the incand forum :ohgeez:. Such a perfect form factor for Ti :thumbsup:. Need it :devil:, want it :popcorn:, gotta have it :naughty:. OK! enough smileys for now, no! ok just one more :D.
:hitit:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
An A2 in Ti.... [drroooooooll....]

+2

Why not something using a 3-cell body based on the 9Z (IMHO, easier to machine than any other CombatLight, as I understand it turning is MUCH MUCH easier than machining with Ti - and the whole 9Z can be turned), driving a P61 with regulation?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Ti A2 would be so awesome! :rock:

It would be sweet if SF would do a limited run group buy for CPF. I'm sure each one would be pretty expensive, but I'm pretty sure I'd be in for atleast one.

-Robert