Wow!
:twothumbs

It's like a Ti PD's newborn baby.

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
very purdy sir!:bow:

Mayo

edit: is the head grippy enough for twisty activation?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very nice! I'm impressed with how quickly you've picked up the lathe work :thumbsup:.

So is that a new body or did you decide to turn the knurling off the other one you were making?

jhanko

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words...

is the head grippy enough for twisty activation?

Yes, with bare skin the machined finish is very grippy. Probably not so if wearing gloves though.

Will there be a limited run?

I would probabably make another one if someone realy wanted it. It wouldn't be a "run" though. More like a crawl...

I'd be happy with just the clip. :mecry:

You can get the clip here.. ;)

So is that a new body or did you decide to turn the knurling off the other one you were making?

I had to start from scratch. The wall would have been too thin if I cut the knurling off. I completely give up on knurling titanium. I can't get two pieces to match no matter what I do.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to start from scratch. The wall would have been too thin if I cut the knurling off. I completely give up on knurling titanium. I can't get two pieces to match no matter what I do.

Yeah, me too. I think that's why you don't really see it that often.

The new light looks great in any event. Keep up the good work!

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought on the knurling. One way to get matching knurling to match on the head and body, if the knurling is the same diameter on both, is maybe to knurl a rod long enough for both pieces all at once. And then after knurling is done, and whatever other machine work can/needs to be done at this point, cut them to length. This won't help with matching more than a couple of lights, limited by maximum length that can be knurled, and the knurling has to be the largest diameter of the light. But just a thought I wanted to throw out there. Just ignore this if I'm way out in the left field. LOL I haven't even done steel knurling, and never anything hard to work like Ti, since I was in vocational school almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:

rocled

Newly Enlightened
So if you were to make another, what would the price tag be? And is this one getting a slotted piston with a trit?

jhanko

Enlightened
So if you were to make another, what would the price tag be? And is this one getting a slotted piston with a trit?

I really don't think there will be another. Takes way too much time, and I'm currently out of titanium round. No money right now for more titanium or for a slotted piston... :(

Latest posts