Which one? Fenix P3D v.s. Eagletac P10C2 v.s. Olight T20

adsl_keeki

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I need a compact, bright and reliable two CR123A flashlight for upcoming camping events. I pretty much narrowed my choice to the Fenix P2D, Eagletac P10C2 and the Olight T20. My budget is around $60.

My requirements:
- ~$60 budget
- Must be bright on high with good regulation
- Must be compact and small
- Good runtime of a capable low mode (40-60 lumens) for walking around
- Must be extremely reliable and good waterproof
- Easy mode switch, simple UI is a plus
- HAIII finish is a must

Some data that I pulled off from a review website that I googled:

Fenix P3D $64.5

2x CR123 1500mAh e²
Low ~65 hours
Medium 14:19 to 50%
High 05:30 to 50%
Turbo 02:01 to 50%

2x CR123 1500mAh e²
Low Spot 111 Lux
Low Spill 7 Lux
Medium Spot 833 Lux
Medium Spill 26 Lux

High Spot 2074 Lux
High Spill 67 Lux
Turbo Spot 3920 Lux
Turbo Spill 127 Lux

$61.5 Eagletac P10C2

2x CR123 1500mAh e²
Hi Spot 6170 Lux
Hi Spill 205 Lux
Lo Spot 1470 Lux
Lo Spill 49 Lux

1x CR123 1500mAh e²
Hi 01:29 to 50%
Lo 13:07 to 50%

$69.95 Olight T20

2x CR123 1500mAh e²
Level 1 Spot 5100 Lux
Level 1 Spill 197 Lux
Level 2 Spot 2540 Lux
Level 2 Spill 104 Lux
Level 3 Spot 1220 Lux
Level 3 Spill 53 Lux

Level 4 Spot 588 Lux
Level 4 Spill 23 Lux
Level 5 Spot 273 Lux
Level 5 Spill 13 Lux

2x CR123 1500mAh e²
Level 1 01:53 to 50%
Level 2 04:58 to 50%
Level 3 13:10 to 50%
Level 4 ~30 Hours
Level 5 ~70 Hours

P3D: The reliable old brand. Love the natural color (mixed reviews on this), average output, and good built quality. Nothing much to say here.

P10C2: The new Eagletac has higher regulated output, good runtime on low, and easy UI, but I don't see much user reviews or pictures posted around here.

Olight: I have handled this before. The built quality is great and the output is great. The beam quality is so-so, and I found all the head switching action a little too much maybe.

Some pictures:

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

Anyone?

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I have the Olight and the P3D, both fantastic lights.

I EDC the P3D because of its' easier and quicker UI.

That said if I know I'm going to need that bit more throw I go with the Olight because it wins hands down.

No Eagletac so no comment on that.

I'd put Fenix and Olight in the same bracket for reliability and quality, hope this helps!

snakyjake

Enlightened
I can only comment on the P3D. So far it has been an excellent light. I use just the low and high. Low for walking around the house or outside. High for when I'm working on something detailed, or when I need more throw outside. Medium isn't needed, and I haven't needed turbo. Haven't needed SOS or strobe.

What I have really about the P3D over many other lights is the ability to tail stand. It comes in very handy. It is a requirement for me now.

The batteries in the P3D last a very long time! Fits nicely in my back pocket, easy to grab, easy in the hand. I like the more straight tube look/feel.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm guessing you got the info from Lightreviews.

The Eagletec is new so that is why there isn't much info.

I'd say all the lights should work well. The Eagletec only has two modes, which can be a plus or a minus. The Olight you don't really like the way the UI works, the P3D has been around for a bit.

From what I can understand, it seems like the P3D would be a bit better for you task, with the Eagletac being next.

:welcome:

brjones

Newly Enlightened
I'm desperately looking for end-user reviews on EagleTac models (which drew me here), but if someone were gonna go with a Fenix P3D and wanted a Fenix, I'd recommend they seriously look at a Fenix TK11 or TK series instead of a P3D (slightly more money, but probably within your reach). Although I'm not sure you can remove that annoying looking finger-hold (-does it screw off?-), and the crennelated bezel might rip a hole in your pocket! The tradeoff is runtime (on high), weight, and slightly more size of course, so it's a personal decision, but i didn't realize how much difference there was in light output until I looked at some YouTube videos.

I also like that the EagleTac has that clip. A Fenix TK11 (which can take two cr123a's or an 18650) weighs about 50% more than the 18650 version of the EagleTac, which is currently out of stock anyway at lighthound :( . EagleTac's "low" output is advertised at 60 lumens, around where you're looking for--it'll run hours at that level.

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
You will not be dissapointed with any.

Personal choice hands down is the P3DQ5 I beat the tar out of mine

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the Eagletac, but do have a P3D and T20. I like the P3D much better for walking and hiking because of its beam pattern. It has a large hot spot and fairly large spill. The T20 has a very small hot spot and small spill, so you don't see much except just what it's directly pointed at. The T20's small hot spot makes for more throw, but when backpacking I carry a D-mini to use when I want throw.

c_c

Sector7

Enlightened
I don't have the Eagletac...from my collection of Fenix and Olights...I've experienced Fenix lights as being more for balance of spill and spot where as the Olight is more for throw...hope this helps in deciding what your needs matching up with the choices.