Pic hosting?

brjones

Newly Enlightened
So, it appears from my interface that this forum system cannot accept image uploads, or does it? The only option I see to "insert" an image is to link externally. If true, is there a 'preferred' image hosting service here--with emphasis on ease/speed of interface, minimal privacy/registration requirements, and hosting longevity? Thanks in advance.

matt0

Enlightened
There is no integrated picture hosting service in the forum that I'm aware of.

I have used www.imageshack.us without any problems for a long time. No need to register anything and I haven't run into any time limits. I have had a signature on another forum hosted by Imageshack for nearly a year now. They do have ad's that pop up and some times they can take a couple minutes to upload but I like them.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chose Imageshack (IS) over Photobucket (PB) simply because I thought PB was asking for "too much information" in the registration process. Sure, I guess you can make stuff up, but it just seemed a bit "nosy..."

I haven't had a problem with pop-up. Do ads still pop up if the picture is posted in a thread on a forum like CPF, and is not linked back to IS?

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to use ImageShack, but the popups became too much and I switched to Photobucket with no regrets.

so, +6 on Photobucket

Latest posts