Check out this ebay seller.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sell garage door keypads on ebay. I have a very low price since I have a lot to get rid of. Wholesale cost is about 28 dollars. I sell them for $18. Another ebay seller is selling the same item as me but for $1 buy it now. But there is a catch. He charges $25 for shipping! Therefore he has very low ebay fees and could also trick some unalert ebayers. But thats not the part I am mad about, he implies that ''other'' ebay sellers are selling refurbished items ( me ) and beware of new in bag items ( my keypads are factory sealed in plastic ). I kind of responded in my own auction but I hope this doesn't hurt sales cause I am saving for a super light!

His auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2318150749&category=20593

my auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20593&item=2318507155

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8

Maybe you could add some wording such as Brand New in Factory Sealed bags..Not refurbished..Guaranteed.

When I read your listing, I could misinterpret the Brand New in Bag to mean something other than a new unit in a sealed bag.

If you delete the words from your listing that the other clown is warning about, you won't have to respond in kind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Marty

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I wanted to do that. I would hope ebayers notice my feedback. Its to late to change this auction as someone already bid on something and I cannot change it. Thanks Marty

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I hate that!
The shipping and handling game! Disgusting. Also the long perpetrated $1.09 9/10 gas game.

Another thing they do to avoid fees, is have the buyer pay their paypal fees. It is against ebay rules, and I report every single instance that I see it.

I would definitely put "beware sellers who charge outrageously unreasonable shipping fees" in my auction.

georget98

Enlightened
"excessive" shipping and handling charges are not allowed in ebay's rules, as mentioned already they're considered fee evasion. Unfortunately "excessive" isn't defined anywhere, but I think that one qualifies. You can report those listings and ebay might (but probably won't) close them down and if repeated enough times the seller could get suspended.

Brock

Flashaholic
COOL, I mean my wife has been bugging me to get one of these for a while, so now I have one. Thanks.

As far as the ad goes I wouldn't worry about it and I wouldn't talk about "other sellers" in your add, if you do they might go looking for them. I would agree to make it clear these are new, unused items though.

budlight

Newly Enlightened
V8: Just what I was looking for. I bought one at Home Depot for a lot more than that and it didn't work because I didn't notice it was for Genie garage door openers instead of the Sears opener I have. Lost the sales receipt too! I'll be bidding!

Mike-

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
turn him in for fee avoidance.
those auctions will be pulled fast.
they dont waste any time when they are being cheated.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I filed a complaint with ebay about this too. Does anyone buy from this seller and not realize how dishonest the guy is. If I see this sort of thing, I move along and wouldn't buy anything from them. And something this blatant I report.

mickmar

Newly Enlightened
After checking out this seller's feedback, it shows that he hasn't sold any yet. I wouldn't really worry about losing sales to this sleaze-ball "bait & switch" seller.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I would hope the consumer would just be wise, read all the details and look at my feedback, hopefully figuring it out for themselves. I do wonder why this auction is still available after some CPF members and I filed complaints. I do want to thank the CPF members that took their time to file a complaint.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8,

besides all the other great comments from fellow CPF-ers - might I suggest a better pic of your product - actually I think this is the ONLY area where the other guys is superior to your auction and I am pretty shure that sex sells - oh sorry - I wanted to say that the visiual appearance DOES make a huge difference - your pic really might be from a refurbished unit - make some good nicely lit pics of the unit inside the sealed bag and probably with one additional unit besides it or something like that - don´t hesitate taking a while to come up with a great pic and use a good Digi-Cam - if you don´t own one try to loan one for a day - this effort I think will be well worth it and pay back huge.

Just my 2 €cents

Klaus