ARC4+ SSC U2SVOH Mod

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently, I modded a ARC4+.
I've done many swap but this is a mod request with a VO bin that I have never tried before. I own a ARC4+ with a SSC WO bin myself.
I must say I am quite pleased with the creamy white tint, I may actually move to VO bin in the future.
Check out the beam shots. All at max output, make your own conclusion if the mod is worth.

2ywz3t5.jpg

2alron.jpg

294rt5s.jpg

2m3nzv8.jpg

20t179c.jpg

b82xd3.jpg

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice mod! I have several Arc 4+ the design of which I believe to be classic. I am lead to believe that getting them down to the point of modding is very difficult however.

Karl

greenLED

Flashaholic
Man, that was fast, Vince!
Great job, as usual.

If I ever get my paws on an Arc4, it's going straight to you for a transplant.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm looking at that picture of the module, it looks like the size of a P7 ..Have you measured that cavity.??:devil:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I find out it can be done:hairpull:great job. I wish I could have done that to mine before I sold it.
C

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm looking at that picture of the module, it looks like the size of a P7 ..Have you measured that cavity.??:devil:

You know what?... It will fit. The cavity is about 13mm and the SSCP7 widest is at 12.2mm. Just need to build a spacer for heat transfer, and enlarge the built-in reflector(note: irreversible mod).

I don't like that. I believe in the near future, we will definitely have higher lumens LED in the Luxeon form factor. Modding the reflector is definitely a heresy for a classic light like the ARC4+. The main purpose here is to retain as much 'heritage' as possible while increasing output.

I should mention in the first post, regarding the mod, the circuitry was never removed from the internal can. The epoxy is still intact and the circuitry remains potted. All I did was remove a layer of epoxy covering the top of the light engine that also covers the Luxeon. Then do the swap.

greenLED - PM sent.

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what?... It will fit. The cavity is about 13mm and the SSCP7 widest is at 12.2mm. Just need to build a spacer for heat transfer, and enlarge the built-in reflector(note: irreversible mod).

I don't like that. I believe in the near future, we will definitely have higher lumens LED in the Luxeon form factor. Modding the reflector is definitely a heresy for a classic light like the ARC4+. The main purpose here is to retain as much 'heritage' as possible while increasing output.

I should mention in the first post, regarding the mod, the circuitry was never removed from the internal can. The epoxy is still intact and the circuitry remains potted. All I did was remove a layer of epoxy covering the top of the light engine that also covers the Luxeon. Then do the swap.

greenLED - PM sent.
Yeah I forgot about the built-in reflector...:ohgeez:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

greenLED - PM sent.

Well the dome on the K2 TFFC is the same size as the Lux III. With some trimming of the casing it'll fit in the hole. It should give you a better beam than a P4. What do ya think?