E2D LED Defender Surefire

Lux et veritas

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is the right spot for this post. I ordered the Surefire E2D LED Defender, however its on backorder. From the pictures that I have seen of the E2D, the strike bezel is a bit short as compared to the incandescent E2D strike bezel. Is it possible to get a custom strike bezel for the E2D LED and how would I go about getting it?

From the Newguy

AMRaider

Enlightened
On the E2DL, the strike bezel is part of the flashlight head, so I think it would think it would be a long shot at best.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this is the right spot for this post. I ordered the Surefire E2D LED Defender, however its on backorder. From the pictures that I have seen of the E2D, the strike bezel is a bit short as compared to the incandescent E2D strike bezel. Is it possible to get a custom strike bezel for the E2D LED and how would I go about getting it?

From the Newguy

The Strike bezel on the E2D LED Defender (E2DL) has the sharp teeth. If you want a light without the sharp teeth you would need to order a KX2C head. (But it only has one mode, high) Unfortunately you would need a body and switch for it since the KX2C head is not presently sold as a whole light. If you want the sharp teeth of the E2DL then you would need to order that light because the head does not presently come on any other light and this head is not sold separately.

Hope that's clear.

Bill