Help ! How to secure rubber grip on TK20

aussiebob

Enlightened
I just got my Fenix TK20 two days ago, its a beaut light, however when swithing from high to low the rubber handle grip thing turns instead of the head and if i grab it diffrently the tail cap turns, so you have to hold it tightly or just behind the head, its quite annoying.

I didnt want to try anything before seeking help.

The light is really great, the beam is really tight, easily out throws my E2DL, and the tint is great for outdoors.

Thanks for any help:)

copperfox

Enlightened
Roll back the rubber, mix and then apply some 2-part all purpose epoxy underneath it in a thin layer, then unroll the rubber again. Spin the rubber grip around to make sure the epoxy underneath is well coated. This is a permanent modification, but should work wonderfully.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or a couple squirts of superglue under the edges.

Marduke, did you try the superglue? I tried it and had poor results. I'm thinking some Gorrila Glue.

I heard a Rumor that Fenix is coming out with something. Not sure if it is a fix or a new handle. Can anyone confirm?

Bill

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my mountain bike handle bars I use hairspray to make the grips stuck. I spray the handle bars and slide the grip on quick before the hair spray dries.

When I remove the grips I just lift up the edge in a couple of spots and use WD-40 with a straw on it. Twist back and forth, the grips come off easy.

It should work with the TK20 rubber grip.

Gator762

Enlightened
On my mountain bike handle bars I use hairspray to make the grips stuck. I spray the handle bars and slide the grip on quick before the hair spray dries.

When I remove the grips I just lift up the edge in a couple of spots and use WD-40 with a straw on it. Twist back and forth, the grips come off easy.

It should work with the TK20 rubber grip.

Hairspray works great. Us motorcycle racers use it for bar grips. :)

That and did you make sure the head is lubed properly!

jchoo

Enlightened
Bring it to a golf pro shop, they have an adhesive and process to slide grips over the shafts of clubs - they could probably hook you up pretty cheaply.